2 stoke hp vs 4 stroke hp

I have heard two different stories and I'm wondering which one is true. You take 2 bikes... say a raptor and a banshee for example. (One being a four stroke and the other being a two stroke of course). Lets say they both make 100hp on the dyno. Then you take them to the sand and drag race them, both have equal riders and are correctly set up. I have been told that 2 strokes make power differently and you need a little more hp on a 2 stroke to be faster. Then I have been told hp is hp. So who wins?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I win . U loose for asking such a dumb question. RIDERS win races ! Not a particular bike or dyno number that's gonna win a race. 3000$ I can build a 100 HP banshee . 4 stroke world 3000$ won't buy u a well ported head with valves done ect and a cylinder let alone everything else you need.

I didn't ask about the cost or the better rider.

It comes down to traction.. And yes a 4 stroke is a smoother kind of power and will plant it easier in sand IMO!! If traction was not an issue, id say whatever quad/rider was the lighter of the two, thats what would win!! This is just my opinion!!

well.....

4 stroke makes power 1 time every 2 revolutions and it's a 1 cylinder...

2 stroke makes power 1 time every 1 revolution and it's a 2 cylinder.... 4 times faster power output.

so technically a banshee would make a more consistent/smoother power delivery with less down time between power strokes.

all drag races in the dunes normally start off wot. you can remove the argument of bottom end torque away.

think of a 2 stroke vs a 4 stroke as a manual trans vs a override. the less down time between power output creates a faster bike hp vs hp

banshee is the king of the dunes....

In my limited experience in sand,TQ wins races,not a high HP number. Yes i understand the mathematical relation between the two,but some guys can make a better TQ curve on their engines and win the race over a "higher HP" bike. But yea, the 4 pokes with their more "trackable " power/TQ delivery seem to do quite well up against a "higher peak HP" 2stroke equivalent . IMO.

An when i say TQ, i dont mean a tractor/grunt style motor ,i mean a good drag motor thats not doggy or boggy when i comes to a healthy TQ curve.

I think I don't give a fuck! TITS or GFTO

LMFAO!!!!

Only good answer.

X2!