PLUG BREAK

stroking

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately like slowerthan you said. Detonation and shows small specks of aluminum on it. Needs fixed ASAP. Either throw more fuel at it, lower timing ....10 degrees is a bunch for most setups. loosen squish , lower compression. This isnt the setup you had a post about that had 270 psi of cranking compression is it? I honestly dont crank the piss out of my plugs when I tighten em and they will luckily fall out if there is any detonation. I have spit a plug out and taken the head off and had NO pitting at all. It sorta protects me from my own stupidity. If you are running asphalt I wouldnt think you would want over 5 to 7 degrees timing.

Edited by RadarRacing

Many times you can hear detonation , the side with detination will get a little quieter and lose the real ring of the pipe ping and have a different sound that will sorta sound like sand is rattling in the pipe. A hot motor is more prone to detonation. Of you have a good running setup that likes a lot of timing you just may not be able to run it unless the motor is cooler. My old dome, pipe setup liked timing and I just never ran it very warm and kept it very rich.