Serval, Wampus, Cheetah cub

Cub, Serval,Cub,Serval,Cub, Serval................Thats why I went Twister. It's another great option and offers a moutain of flexability for your build. Pricey up front but if your not a fan of the nicasil and want to look at all your options it has a ton of benifits over the cast cylinders but a higher upfront cost. Just my .02

You run 68mm pistons in a 68mm bore. The 68x58 cubs and serval cylinders are designed for a 58mm stroke/115 rod crankshaft and a 68mm blaster piston. A 513 series wiseco piston is designed for a 110mm rod (stock rod 64mm through 66.5mm bore) and a 795 series wiseco piston is designed for a 115mm rod stock cyl. The length of the rod determines your piston. Keep in mind most 4mil cranks run a 115mm rod (provides a better rod angle) so you'd use a 795 series piston in whatever bore size you need on your stock cyl.

Im kind of understanding it now, thanks man.

Cub, Serval,Cub,Serval,Cub, Serval................Thats why I went Twister. It's another great option and offers a moutain of flexability for your build. Pricey up front but if your not a fan of the nicasil and want to look at all your options it has a ton of benifits over the cast cylinders but a higher upfront cost. Just my .02

Other than being able to be bored and not having to deal with plating, can you please list the ton of other benefits over cast cylinders?

Heavier and cost more...and it's more proprietary.

You can bore the iron liners and weld on them pretty easily....but other than the iron sleeve bore and hone vs. nikasil plating, what are the ton of benefits?

And don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanboy of CP...just looking for your reasons.

Glad you asked. I'm not coming down on the CP products at all they are proven, cost effective, and kick ass. I just like to put all the options on the table. Better cooling, Yes much simpler process to bore and hone over the plating, Interchageable intakes and exhaust flanges, Much larger transfer area than a supercub. Massive iron cylinders allow for long topend life before resleeving and a wide variety of displacments with out buying another topend to get more displacemnet (my 4mil is capable of 526cc at max bore) It definately is more of a proprietary item but I like it that way If I have aquestion or need advice 2seconds and i'm on the phone with louie the man who built it standing next to the cnc machine it came out of great customer support. On a personal opinion I love the way the topend looks its sick! in a world full of cubs, and cheetahs its nice to be differnt.

There are some nice differnces between the two prducts. Is it worth the cost? Idk thats for you to decide but there are definately other options besides the cast cylinders

design

Other than being able to be bored and not having to deal with plating, can you please list the ton of other benefits over cast cylinders?

Heavier and cost more...and it's more proprietary.

You can bore the iron liners and weld on them pretty easily....but other than the iron sleeve bore and hone vs. nikasil plating, what are the ton of benefits?

And don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanboy of CP...just looking for your reasons.

Glad you asked. I'm not coming down on the CP products at all they are proven, cost effective, and kick ass. I just like to put all the options on the table. Better cooling, Yes much simpler process to bore and hone over the plating, Interchageable intakes and exhaust flanges, Much larger transfer area than a supercub. Massive iron cylinders allow for long topend life before resleeving and a wide variety of displacments with out buying another topend to get more displacemnet (my 4mil is capable of 526cc at max bore) It definately is more of a proprietary item but I like it that way If I have aquestion or need advice 2seconds and i'm on the phone with louie the man who built it standing next to the cnc machine it came out of great customer support. On a personal opinion I love the way the topend looks its sick! in a world full of cubs, and cheetahs its nice to be differnt.

There are some nice differnces between the two prducts. Is it worth the cost? Idk thats for you to decide but there are definately other options besides the cast cylinders

design

526cc Damn hahaha

design

Interesting points indeed. I personally don't buy the bore/hone vs. plating. I see them as equal. One is cheaper and easier, but wears out and is softer. The other is more expensive, but it tougher and lasts longer...

But again, my personal opinion!

I'm with you on the intakes and exhausts being interchangeable. That's a fine point.

I'm with you on the customer support from Louie.

I like the way they look as well.

I've been thinking Twister...but I just can't justify the extra expense for the other features/benefits you've listed. I've seen a few Twisters run well...

Good discussion.

I was contemplating this as well. My philosophy is that were riding banshees for a reason POWER if u want "useable" all around power go w a 4 stroke. I ride a banshee for top end arm yanking powerr. If u no how to ride u can make it (cub) "useable". Just my opinion dude.

can i ask where you came up with better cooling properties? how does solid billet, steel sleeve dissipate heat faster than thin nikasil, cast porous aluminum? the point is to get the heat to the water faster.

My guess is the twister has more coolant capacity...just by what I've seen of them.

Could be 100% wrong.

I believe the twister does have a little more coolant capacity but there was a test on actual coolant flow I cant remember who did it I think it was Fireball but idk can't rember for sure. Not trying to thread jack ya Dunes. I would vote for a 4mil stock cylinder build for your needs you wouldn't be disappointed with any of the site sponsors. I recommend Kevin at HJR great guy.

My guess is the twister has more coolant capacity...just by what I've seen of them.

Could be 100% wrong.

Sorry OT, but I have been thinking this alot. CP cast vs. Twister.

I live in Finland so no one over here can re-plate the Nicasil, but I can get a bore´n´hone from a local shop pretty fast and cheap. If I ruin my Nicasil, I need to ship them over to USA to have them fixed.

That reason alone will yield to Twister, and we already have one 421CUB here and the second one is coming, BUT...

Can someone tell me how much more money I need to use for a 4mill Twister vs 4mill CUB (or Serval)??

What is the largets bore for a Twister, before I need to hassle with my top case?

Are the Twister pistons more expensive than a set of Wisecos for a CUB?

Is there a huge difference in power between 421CUB and 421Twister right out of the box? ..and how about after porting?

Right now I still feel better with an idea of CP cast, but Twister iron sleeves are just something that I can´t ignore.

Thank you.