Serval, Wampus, Cheetah cub

Well..... You could go with a 4mil stock cylinder ported bike...

But heres basically the breakdown...

Serval....More of a well rounded power.....the power band comes on much lower than most aftermarket cylinders and still has great top end.

Cub.....has great top end but it's real peaky....it doesn't do well if you like low rpms.

Wampus..... It's basically a wolf in sheeps clothing. It's a drag setup aftermarket cylinder that LOOKS very similar to stock jugs....basically it was designed for grudge style street racing.

Serval....More of a well rounded power.....the power band comes on much lower than most aftermarket cylinders and still has great top end.

Cub.....has great top end but it's real peaky....it doesn't do well if you like low rpms.

Wampus..... It's basically a wolf in sheeps clothing. It's a drag setup aftermarket cylinder that LOOKS very similar to stock jugs....basically it was designed for grudge style street racing.

I think a serval is for me... Thanks for the info. man i appreciate it alot.

It doesn't work well lol, you can see those huge transfers from a mile off!!

Although the Serval is the best fit for him on trails( for aftermarket cyls),im with you on the stock cyls being the better way to go ,,IF you have use left in them.

BUT,,,saying the Serval has "great" top end,,im going to have to disagree on that. They really flatten out on top in stock form. Unless you port it,then i would say you'll have what a serval was supposed to be. A great all around engine.

I have rode with a few guys that have had 4mil stock cyl ported motors by "site sponser" and guns4childrens motor was way easier to ride on the hill not saying it would be better anywhere else .. But where I ride the serval seems to work great they seem to have better "recovery " power if that's what you would call it .. IMO

but yea they probably don't rev as high either the 4mil is only 186ish exh

• Like 1

I have rode with a few guys that have had 4mil stock cyl ported motors by "site sponser" and guns4childrens motor was way easier to ride on the hill not saying it would be better anywhere else .. But where I ride the serval seems to work great they seem to have better "recovery " power if that's what you would call it .. IMO

but yea they probably don't rev as high either the 4mil is only 186ish exh

That was with carbs opening only 3/4 of the way. I think alot of people underestimate what the serval can do. Hell Tyler won a national championship on one with rocket pipes.

You would need to sleeve your cylinder to run a piston that large. piston size will depend on your bore. This will range from 64mm to 66.50 (max bore on stock cyls). Common practice is to measure your current bore and go to the next standard size.

Im a little confused so i thought you couldnt run stock pistons on a 4 mil it wouldnt do anything so i thought you had to run 68 mm pistons

You run 68mm pistons in a 68mm bore. The 68x58 cubs and serval cylinders are designed for a 58mm stroke/115 rod crankshaft and a 68mm blaster piston. A 513 series wiseco piston is designed for a 110mm rod (stock rod 64mm through 66.5mm bore) and a 795 series wiseco piston is designed for a 115mm rod stock cyl. The length of the rod determines your piston. Keep in mind most 4mil cranks run a 115mm rod (provides a better rod angle) so you'd use a 795 series piston in whatever bore size you need on your stock cyl.