421 Serval plug Chop. Opinions.

421 F.A.S.T. ported serval, PWK 35's, Nology coil wires. +4, K&N pods, VF3 Reeds

This thing was running crappy (sputtering up top and sometimes down low) until I dropped the main from a 155 to a 152, 45 Pilot, 2.5 turns out. CEL middle clip.

Runs pretty good now just seems like this is pretty lean compared to others on this site. My only problem now is I think the pilot is a little big some how. When it starts cold I dont need to hit the throttle but when warm I need to hit the throttle to get it to start. I also did a plug chop with 155 and the chop looks the same but the bike does not rev near as clean. Is it possible it just likes a leaner pilot then most or are a lot of people on here off with there jetting. Opinions.

309117_3129057245498_162890077_n.jpg

Edited by 2004LEBanshee

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having to hit the throttle to start when warm is usually because it is rich on the low circuit. You may need a smaller pilot as well as check the needle. I do half throttle chops but I like to keep it a little fatter on the needle than what your mainjet chop looks like. I would bet it is pretty fat with the cel needle in the middle especially if you have a midrange pipe.

My previous motor was a stock cylinder FAST 4 mill play port. It seemed to run smaller jets then everyone elses as well. Mine ran real strong so I just figured there was nothing wrong 5 years no problems. For this build I put a new OEM Stator and an unlightened oem flywheel on but the carbs CDI and wire harness are the same. Its a differnt motor but still likes way leaner jets then anyone elses . To me the plug chop seems to look good. Im not sure if this is something I should keep chasing or its just the way mine is. Is is possible something is wrong with the carbs and they flow diffently? I purchased them new off FAST when I built the 4 mil stocker about 6 years ago.