CPI or shearer for my mods?

Hy, I have a banshee with an mx port (a small port) , 65.25 wiseco pistons, a cool head with 150 psi, barnett clutch, pro design waterpump, timing plate +4, an heavy flywheel :P, and 33mm carbs in not long.

my question is, if i run straight long lines and want a big pull without loosing all my power at low rpm which pipes do i need? and ive got trinity stage 4, was it better with my setup?

tanks.

If you have Shearers on it right now and go to CPI'S you are not really going to gain much of anything in my opion. Sounds like to me you have the wrong kind of pipe in general for your motor and the riding you do. I would be looking more at putting T5 pipes or maybe some FMF pipes on it to really get that low end and still have some good topend.

ride.race.live makes an excellent point. :clap:

I love Shearer pipes as you all know. But for an MX port...the FMF Fatty's will be a better choice. The T-5's make about 2 more peak HP...but the FMF's will have a better overall curve. I run FMF's on the wife's 370 long rod motor and it's got a very nice dyno curve.

For your set-up.....I'd say run FMF Fatty's. :headbang:

For fucks sake, people will push Shearer's on anyone. You will gain HUGE running CPI over Shearer. Maybe not in the horsepower department, but in overall rideability you definitely will.

ANY pipe is going to be better for your riding and set up than Shearer. I would run Sniper, Rockets, CPI, T-5 or FMF for this set up and riding style.

Nobody is pushing Shearers in the post. Not even me!

What you talkin' bout Willis? :huh:

Oh just BUILDER claiming you won't see a difference from Shearer to CPI.

But it's to be expected, he's on Shearer's payroll.

I had CPI pipes for my 472-492 cheetah. I had called and talked to him about how his pipes would work for my porting and he said my motor was ported great for his CPI's...so I bought some.

Then on the dyno the motor only hit 81HP and I was devastated. The dyno owner had a set of Shearers that he threw on my bike and it jumped to 95HP. I had heard many people claim that CPI'd had better low end and were "More user friendly"...but in looking at the dyno curves it showed that the Shearers had a front side curve that matched the CPI's perfectly. They just pulled another 1100 RPM and had better over rev.

So my personal testing experience would contradict your statement...but every motor is different. :shrugani: I was just surprised that when CPI tells me my motor is ported perfect for their pipes, that I'd see that big a difference switching to Shearers.

Either way......this guys motor has no business running a CPI or Shearer pipe as he's set up with an MX port.

Iwill have a set of CPI and a set of FMF Fatty's for my shearer's so I will try them and look at the difference .. by the way, i use to have a drag port and people were saying that it was toobig for a reliable motor ahah..