Plugs two different colors

Ok setup is as follows:

Keihin 34mm single carb

42 pilot

Needle clip is 2nd from the top

A/S is 1 3/4 turns out.

175 main

My question is, when the clip is in the middle and it runs like shit. I moved it up a notch and it runs perfect. However, when I rode it the other day, mainly half throttle, i checked the plugs and the right plug was whitish gray and the left plug was dark brown. Should i richen up the pilot jet. If not, what should i do about the needle? Also, why is one plug a different color than the other?

possible air leak on the grey side?

His running a single carb so can't be an air leak else it will effect both cylinders, check your coil plug wires? That could be the problem, maybe the one side is not firing properly all the time, could be reedvalves? Maybe the one cylinder got damages somehow and has a different psi pressure to the other one. Strange problem actually

His running a single carb so can't be an air leak else it will effect both cylinders, check your coil plug wires? That could be the problem, maybe the one side is not firing properly all the time, could be reedvalves? Maybe the one cylinder got damages somehow and has a different psi pressure to the other one. Strange problem actually

your first statement makes no since. if it is an air leak such as a crank seal, base gasket, intake gasket, etc it will affect the side that has the leak much worse than the other

Yeah im gonna check the reeds this weekend and that nightmare trinity intake.

I'd bet on that Trinity intake too. I just assembled my engine and when I did the pressure test every gasket on my intake system was leaking. Had to use sealer on the gaskets.