looking to get into the oval scene

02banshee370

like the title says Im looking to get into the oval scene I have a chassis right now that is set up for drags so I know everything is gonna have to be changed. What all am I gonna have to do? I am also going to have to build a motor (complete cases cylinders crank) just looking to hear anyones suggestions on setups.

Thankspost-43852-0-98578200-1342284364_thumb.jpg

You will have a million suggestions but I guess I will the first to turn the wheels. You already have a lot of desirable parts on that bike(one in sig). So you will probably be able to sell or even trade for what you will need. There are a ton of site sponsors who port and they are good, but they are mostly dune/drag builders. If you are serious about an oval/TT motor, you need to e-mail Jim at Passion Racing Engines. Do not bothe calling, he keeps himself from answering calls so that he can get work done. My motor took a while but he has quit his other job and is focusing on his engine program now so I suspect his turnaround is getting much better. There are a few threads on bike set up so take the time to look it over and develop questions.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i sold my last project this weekend (2002 jeep wranlger lifted on 35's) and I am looking at starting to collect parts to transform the banshee. I am going to need a complete motor as I have grenaded this one (broke a rod) I have emailed Jim and have not heard anything back from him. He did my 370 and I loved it (dont know how well it woulda done on the oal but for drags it pulled like a mother)

here is what I was looking at getting just a start to the list

- -2 swingarm

- wider a arms maybe with a +1 forward also

- sway bar

- adjustable rear axles

- some kind of beadlock wheels

- flat track tires (hoosiers/american racers)

- pipes but that will depend on what the motor ends up being

question is how big is to big for a motor I cant seem to get an answer on rules for the tracks around me so thats kinda holding the whole thing up

as far as shocks I have a complete set of fox floats I was going to try running on it

thanks for any other input guys

ok so i sold my last project this weekend (2002 jeep wranlger lifted on 35's) and I am looking at starting to collect parts to transform the banshee. I am going to need a complete motor as I have grenaded this one (broke a rod) I have emailed Jim and have not heard anything back from him. He did my 370 and I loved it (dont know how well it woulda done on the oal but for drags it pulled like a mother)

here is what I was looking at getting just a start to the list

- -2 swingarm

- wider a arms maybe with a +1 forward also

- sway bar

- adjustable rear axles

- some kind of beadlock wheels

- flat track tires (hoosiers/american racers)

- pipes but that will depend on what the motor ends up being

question is how big is to big for a motor I cant seem to get an answer on rules for the tracks around me so thats kinda holding the whole thing up

as far as shocks I have a complete set of fox floats I was going to try running on it

thanks for any other input guys

what kind of surface will you be racing on ?

You run a banshee so you will probably be stuck in the outlaw class. In that case, you can never go to big as long as you have the balls to hang on. Just don't let a builder con you in to drag cylinder unless they plan on serious re working. My big bore 440 motor was fast, but the little 4mil stock cyl 12 port Jim just did for me Fuggin hauls the mail!

You run a banshee so you will probably be stuck in the outlaw class. In that case, you can never go to big as long as you have the balls to hang on. Just don't let a builder con you in to drag cylinder unless they plan on serious re working. My big bore 440 motor was fast, but the little 4mil stock cyl 12 port Jim just did for me Fuggin hauls the mail!

i will 2X this, to much power isent enough my 10 mill isent enough anymore.... lol