-2 foot pegs

Ya I wish it was that easy but I'm fro$ south africa so ill have to pay customs and all sorts of shit and wait weeks! And do you think I can buy -2 pegs in south africa! Pfffft! Forget about it! So ya I'll just make my own. I was thinking of having 2 1Omm plates plasma cut in a sort of triangle shape then ill just drill two holes and cut and weld the foot piece off on the new plate. But I'm still getting idea's. The only problem is that the right foot peg is not strait. It has that spacer welded on the frame, not sure what to do there.

Cut the weld loose on your stock pegs. Cut the mounting plate off forward of the front bolt hole. Weld the pegs back on in between the bolt holes. Shorten the shifter. Done. You can shorten the brake pedal if you want.

If you have long legs, moving the pegs back and down, helps take away some of the knees in your chest feeling. Also with a +6 or so swingarm, it gives a more balanced feeling. That's my opinion.

Edited by Starwriter
  • Like 1

Cut the weld loose on your stock pegs. Cut the mounting plate off forward of the front bolt hole. Weld the pegs back on in between the bolt holes. Shorten the shifter. Done. You can shorten the brake pedal if you want.

If you have long legs, moving the pegs back and down, helps take away some of the knees in your chest feeling. Also with a +6 or so swingarm, it gives a more balanced feeling. That's my opinion.

That would be abit of a problem with the right peg as that plate is bent

That would be abit of a problem with the right peg as that plate is bent

You're missing the point. After you cut the peg loose and set it up against the mounting plate in between the bolt holes, the peg is going to touch the plate at the front of the peg and have a gap at the back. Lay a piece of flat bar or rod in the gap and weld it all up. Done.

But first, diagnose and fix why your posts show up twice.

• 8 months later...

Just cut one side of the peg shorter than the other after you cut it off that way it fits right on the plate. That is what I did to mine. I also used a raptor 700 gear shift which is shorter than a banshee one and fits perfect for me but you have got to grind a new notch in the shift shaft becasue the bolt is in the wrong place on the raptor shifter.