Silver Lake, MI or Little Sahara, OK?

grpark20

Short version is I'm planning a dune trip from NJ and don't want to drive for more than 24 hrs. Which would you do.....Silver Lake or Little Sahara. Planning an entire week for the trip and 2-3 people. I'm leaning towards Little Sahara being the camp grounds have ride up dune access. The way I plan on traveling is with a 4 door F-150 and 7x14 enclosed trailer. Plan on camping in the trailer and chaining quads up to it at night. So now I need your opinion and info of either place. Money is not a factor here just time and the best bang for the buck. At this point these are the only 2 choices since the year after I'll be doing Glamis. Let me know what you think. Thanks. George

Short version is I'm planning a dune trip from NJ and don't want to drive for more than 24 hrs. Which would you do.....Silver Lake or Little Sahara. Planning an entire week for the trip and 2-3 people. I'm leaning towards Little Sahara being the camp grounds have ride up dune access. The way I plan on traveling is with a 4 door F-150 and 7x14 enclosed trailer. Plan on camping in the trailer and chaining quads up to it at night. So now I need your opinion and info of either place. Money is not a factor here just time and the best bang for the buck. At this point these are the only 2 choices since the year after I'll be doing Glamis. Let me know what you think. Thanks. George

I've never been to Silver Lake, but I've heard LS is bigger. The state camp sites at LS are nice. Expect to ride your bike on asphalt, though to get to the sand.

I've never been to Silver Lake, but I've heard LS is bigger. The state camp sites at LS are nice. Expect to ride your bike on asphalt, though to get to the sand.

Not too worried about the asphalt. I can usually remain calm until I get to the sand....

we go to silverlake several times a summer, and like it very much, but until you get used to the parking lot system it can be a pain, but it's all we have here in mi. If I were you I would go to little sahara, the riding from the campground to the dunes would be the deciding factor for me. little sahara is bigger also.

we are going to glamis in august this year. :dance:

we go to silverlake several times a summer, and like it very much, but until you get used to the parking lot system it can be a pain, but it's all we have here in mi. If I were you I would go to little sahara, the riding from the campground to the dunes would be the deciding factor for me. little sahara is bigger also.

You're joking about going in august, right?

It's going to be 115+ out there.

Thanks for the info. Im 70/30 Little Sahara over Silver Lake.

You're joking about going in august, right?

It's going to be 115+ out there.

nope. we will be there the 24,25,26,27th, it's the only time we can be gone that long with the wifes job.

shouldn't be to many at the dunes. only us mi sun seekers. and a few guys from arrizona, they said they were up to it then.

Ive always wanted to go there, and thats when I can. we go to mexico a lot in august and love it.

Edited by toytech

nope. we will be there the 24,25,26,27th, it's the only time we can be gone that long with the wifes job.

shouldn't be to many at the dunes. only us mi sun seekers. and a few guys from arrizona, they said they were up to it then.

Ive always wanted to go there, and thats when I can. we go to mexico a lot in august and love it.

Oh man... you're getting a toyhauler or something with killer AC, right?. Ride at night, sleep during the day. We won't even go out there in late august... lol. mid-late July is the latest in the summer we have ever gone.

Oh man... you're getting a toyhauler or something with killer AC, right?. Ride at night, sleep during the day. We won't even go out there in late august... lol. mid-late July is the latest in the summer we have ever gone.

yes we will have ac where we sleep. early morning and night rides is what my buddy from az said we'll do