real estate

NickisGod

since when did it become alright to just create a number based off of opinion? it reminds me of the craigs listings when people list a banshee they built for 15k and you can help but laugh because the dude usually drives some pos ford they spent 3k on. i like to watch storage wars and i always get a kick out of some of the characters that make up random values of the merchandise they find and think they hit it big to only find out its practically worthless unless some idiot has more money than brains. the old man barry always uses this quote when hes trying to discover the value of his stuff "you could ask 200 dollars",---"yeah, you could ask 2 million dollars; what is really it worth?"

back on topic, real estate is the biggest crock of shit. i refuse to lower my standard of living to become a home owner. im at the point in my life where im trying to make my own life and live in my own home and not have parents or landlords breathing down my neck. i live in a nice part of ny and all around me are lower class towns where every one lives on top of each other and the housing market there is completely affordable because nobody wants to live there. i dont want to have scumbag neighbors or a family of 7 living in a duplex nextdoor for the rest of my life or for even a few years.

i frequently check housing sites and check prices and ect and the only way i can get a house in my area is if i have 175k. property out here is selling for 70k..... a house with land.... forget it, u get into the 200k range. am i the only one who thinks this is fucked? for fuck sakes its new york(not nyc). most of the building lots forsale out here are farmers land that theyve owned since gods creation and are now putting them on the market because they see opportunity to get rich. most of these homes are falling apart collection dust and some how each year are worth more than the last. theres nothing wrong with making money, but i have a problem with people who are inflating the market and making hard for people to make a life for themselves outside of the scumbag city. unfortunately my parents dont help me with shit and im on my own trying to find a house. realistically they dont have the money to even help me because they have there own expenses living here. i no i could just live somewhere else, but the fact is ive been here the better half of my life. all my clients family and friends live here and i like it here.

i guess what im really trying to say is just because what you think you got is gold, dosnt mean its gold. people need to get realistic about shit and take there head out of the asses and list shit for what they are really worth instead of straight robbing society of home ownership. obliviously i no my argument isnt 100% valid and someones going to make a great counter point and i would love to hear it. for the sake of my arrangement heres a home close by. built in 1875 and the listing price is 85k....... it looks like something straight out of hoarders and its the cheapest house in my town. this market makes my parents 250k home into a half million dollar home. banghead banghead banghead

http://www.zillow.com/homes/14032_rb/#/homes/for_sale/Clarence-Center-NY-14032/63372_rid/43.066066,-78.525381,42.956108,-78.781157_rect/12_zm/1_fr/

*RANT!!* that is all

I have to agree as well. The market is way off. The homes in my neighborhood peaked at $400,000 and were hard to come by. Now there's dozens on the market and /or for rent and the average asking price is $ 270.000 or less.

It's a buyers market ... Jump in while you have a chance. :cheers:

Good luck,

Troy

I bought my house in Jersey 15 years ago for $138,500. It's cool , I have a big piece of property and a 2 car detached garage. 4 or 5 years ago people in my neighbor hood were asking 450K for their house. Now they are lucky to get 250K. I'm glad I bought when I did.

I'm in the same boat. I've been looking at houses and anything in a half ass respectable area that is in any kind of good shape is very steep. But truthfully, mortgage prices are about the same or less than rent and at least in the mean time you're building equity rather than buying a house for someone who probably makes a lot more money than you in the first place. Absolutely a buyers market regardless of seemingly high prices, as the others have said it was insane several years ago.

Living on the coasts is just more expensive, plain and simple. $250,000 here will get you a NICE ass new house in a new sub-division, if that's your thing. I am right outside of city limits, where I am left the fuck alone, have 2 acres and a pretty decent size house that was built in 1982 and I paid $163,000 for it. I had it re-appraised after my shop was built and it came back at $185,000.

Living on the coasts is just more expensive, plain and simple. $250,000 here will get you a NICE ass new house in a new sub-division, if that's your thing. I am right outside of city limits, where I am left the fuck alone, have 2 acres and a pretty decent size house that was built in 1982 and I paid $163,000 for it. I had it re-appraised after my shop was built and it came back at $185,000.

I hear that, but I'm a city boy... I could never leave..

Fuck im moving in next to you, im sick of cali politics and high prices. that shit would cost you 500k even in this market out here