My Banshee ZX6RR Build

I do like sliding, for a wile. Ha Ha! Na it has 22's on it. The paddles in the video are 20s. I was thinking about getting the 14 paddle gliders. I really like how my haulers handle in the sand. It wont hook but I can do some fun shit. Side hilling, drifting around throwing huge roost. Im not going to beat the built Banshees anyways so whats the point. I still have a blast.

It might not be as fast as the built banshees, but its faster then stock and you probably did it on a decent budget that was less then what it would cost to build a banshee twin to be as fast. You built it with your hands which is more then most will ever even attempt, so kudos. Enjoy it till it is toast. Then build a real banshee ; p

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice fab work. It's a different build, I like it. nice vids. I couldn't bring myself to do that to my shee though, I would have to use a honda 450, that way I wouldn't mind if it didn't work out,

Wow thats actually one of the cleanest conversions ive seen.

Thanks a lot! I have seen some real hack jobs on the net. I know all the welds look like shit. I was using a $100 Hobart wire feed gun. I had never welded aluminum before. The machine did not have the balls to weld aluminum. I could only go a inch or 2 at a time before it would screw up and bird nest inside the machine. I bet I had to throw away 2lbs of aluminum wire! I'm guessing I have somewhere around 500 hours in this build. When I build my own shop I'm going to tear the bike back down and go over all the welds with TIG. I will also make a bigger gas tank. I can only ride for about a hour and a half in the dunes before I have to go back for fuel. I'm going to get her coated in some new powder and paint the engine covers. Then Ill try to take some weight off. Fox shocks, Aftermarket factory length swinger with my JJ&A axel, and Lithium battery. Ill bet I can get 40 lbs off easy. Right now the bike weighs 510lbs. 260lbs front, 250lbs rear. That is surprising! Almost a 50/50 weight distribution! Looks like wet weight for a stock banshee is about 410lbs. With me on the bike and 110hp that would be a power to weight ratio of 6to1. The same as a 2008 Dodge Viper! I think that really puts everything into perspective. That's the biggest problem with these builds. I'm sure the built banshees are down to 4 or 5 to 1. Well that's enough rambling for now.

-snip-

Yeah when Mig Welding Aluminum you need this gun that looks like a starwars gun for example this one http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/Equipment/Pages/product.aspx?product=K487-25

Granted that is probably out of the price range im sure you can find one from somewhere besides Lincoln.

Good work on the build.

Edited by Asshair

• 4 months later...

shit looks crazy fast!

Thats all a matter of opinion. Ha! I now think crazy fast is turbo Busa quads. That is the ultimate I believe. I raced one up Sand Mountan in Utah. They clocked me at 55mph. The turbo Busa DS650.... 98mph. He said he was pushing 300hp. Thats pretty standard for turbo Busa's. Some may say that its cheating to put bike motors on ATV frames. I dont care. Power is power!