First "Hill climb" contest here in Finland, help me out.

Pasi S.

OK we are going to have a hill climb contest "King´s of The Hill".

It´s 1/8 mile up hill with few jumps in it.

I need your opinion what tires to use. I have 22" Pro Wedge 2´s or 20x11x10 V-paddle Sand Sharks.

Here is a short video of the hill. "They" say it´s steep, but the camera can´t tell it.

go to end from 4:15 -> ->

I´m going to use 15-47 with ProWedge or 16-47 with SandSharks.

Thank you.

-Pasi S.

OK, thanks Loco.

I really don´t have anything else to use. I have Razr 2 with ice studs, but that will put me in the "Open Modified"-class.

I just found out that they will cut down the grass and the dirt/clay will show up during the day.

How about these? These are my friends tires, and I think he will loan them for me.

Sorry for the bad pic.

V__A509.jpg

V__359A.jpg

V__5EE2.jpg

OK thanks. Let´s see what happens.

One more question.

Are the nerf-bars required in some of your ATV Hillclimb competitions?

This "organization" we have insist nerf-bars, but I can´t see why.

Nothing more, thank you.

"They" say it´s steep, but I don´t know. They only use timer in qualification runs, then it´s man vs. man.

I think most of the bikes will be Cross, GNCC, SuperMoto and Ice-racing based 450 with bolt ons. In ATV1 (stock) class.

ATV2 is for stockish 4x4 ATV/UTV.

Open modified is "all go" but with Nerf-bars.

I think I´m in a ATV1 stock class, because I have a stock frame and ss/sc motor.

V__A509.jpg

V__359A.jpg

V__5EE2.jpg

Yes! I bought these tires from my friend. Now I have dirt tires. I will cut every other row.

They are 20.5" and mounted on Douglas 10x10 Red labels. I´m thinking to swap those with my 10x10 Black labels.

Edited by Pasi S.

Yes! I bought these tires from my friend. Now I have dirt tires. I will cut every other row.

They are 20.5" and mounted on Douglas 10x10 Red labels. I´m thinking to swap those with my 10x10 Black labels.

Don't waste your time switching wheels. I just weighed them both and there is only about a 3 ounce difference between the two.

OK, thanks Tyler, I will keep the red´s.

I will cut every other row to make them hook a little better, BUT how about buffing the sides of the tire?? One local shop can do it fast and with low price. ...just wondering.

I would leave the side walls as is. If it is as rocky and rutted as you say, you're going to need every bit of strength you can get in those side walls. Just cut every other row of lugs out and you'll be good to go. On those tires, you need to cut the row out that has the half piece on the ends.

On those tires, you need to cut the row out that has the half piece on the ends.

Yeap, that´s what I was thinking.

I will have those tires on monday, and start working with them as soon as I can.

I need to find a good gearing for them. I was thinking 16-47, because I have fresh chain and sprockets for that. I also have good 15 front and 42 aluminium rear sprocket.

What kind of gearing you guys use in climbings? I´m not sure, but I think my motor is somewhere between 58-62 horses.

One funny thing is that there will be a brand new knobby tire set for a winner in every class... I´m sure that the one who will win it, owns a good set of tires already! LOL!