vent hose routing

this has been bugging the shit out of me, and cant seem to find any pics of how there properly routed, i got the bike and it didnt have the rear case vent hose and the vent hose by waterpump was just laying on the case. i got the proper hoses but cant figure out were the hose by the water pump routes under/over and if the rear vent hose should mount over the top of the carbs or run on the case up the jugs and what not. i understand they tee together by the head and then route up front. and also is the lil hose that comes out of the head to the radiator supposed to mount throught the wire bracket or under the frame rail?

DSC02361.jpg

DSC02358.jpg

DSC02360.jpg

Vent Hoses are not needed. Just run the one from the rear towards the group and plug off the one by the water pump. Theres is no need to run the hoses all over the motor.

Vent Hoses are not needed. Just run the one from the rear towards the group and plug off the one by the water pump. Theres is no need to run the hoses all over the motor.

oh i had no idea they werent needed, well this will clean up my motor a lil now, sucks i baught all the factory hoses and what not for the vent system already

This is funny , I was out in the garage putting parts back on the shed while I wait for my top end to come back and was scratching my head over the very same topic , I am going to for sure ditch the clutch vent and go with the block off plate . I guess the only vent tubes will be the tranny vent and the fuel overflow ?

true, most do not need the vent tubes in stock form, and my suggestion is to just run the rear to under the carbs, so you can stand it up on the grab bar and not dump out oil, however, there are the few that need the stock routed full lenght hose, for driving through deep water. in that case, iirc, the rear should enter below the carbs in the center, and cross to the "t" and there are cable retainers that mount to the clutch cover bolts, and it should follow up to the front of steering shaft and "u" at the radiator rt side. it sucks when water gets in and milks up in the window of the lock-up, lol.