Best head for the banshee?

I currently have a trinity stage 6 head on my 4 mil motor, recently just put the head and clutch cover back together, went through the carbs etc.....My spark plugs have a light milky liquid on both.....Head has brand new o-rings....I was VERYY careful putting in the o-rings and head back on since I've also heard issues on the trinity heads leaking coolant, but wasnt sure if it was leaking internally in the cylinder or externally. EITHER WAY I'm looking for a new head, I'm seeing mixed reviews on the pro design Cool head like where the squish area could be much more improved. Is there any good tried and true head for the banshee? I want something to run 93 pump gas.

Thanks

Also any other possibilies of the milky plugs besides being the head?

• Like 1

I run the pro design and have not run into any problems but I have heard of the troubles with them before. I have read the guys in here seen to really like the Chariot or NOSS heads and you can use the stock studs with them and also get domes to suit your needs. Another option that seems to get good reviews is to give the guys at Mull Engineering a call and tell them what you have and what you are wanting to do and they can custom cut a stock head or cut your stock head to give great performance. No o-ring problems to worry about but also no option to switch dome sizes. Good luck

I run the pro design and have not run into any problems but I have heard of the troubles with them before. I have read the guys in here seen to really like the Chariot or NOSS heads and you can use the stock studs with them and also get domes to suit your needs. Another option that seems to get good reviews is to give the guys at Mull Engineering a call and tell them what you have and what you are wanting to do and they can custom cut a stock head or cut your stock head to give great performance. No o-ring problems to worry about but also no option to switch dome sizes. Good luck

I'll look into those other heads, I dont even have or want a stock head so thats out of the question. It's a 4 mil but it's not a 4 mil to its full potential since it was built using a spacer under the jugs (bought it like that) but dont have the time to keep upgrading it I just want to drive it. What's the best domes to use for pump gas? like 21 and I believe 22cc is stock? I'll be using 93 pump gas and amsoil oil....driven in NJ not sure of elevation

Keep the comments coming!

I'm in Jersey as well. I'm running 20cc with 93. I got the chariot and I love it. Got a awesome deal on it to. And with the domes cut you can ditch the spacer plate.

After researching I'm seeing alot of good stuff about the Noss head, the one FAST sells is the exact same right? (since Noss makes it for them) Besides there name on it obviously.....anything else different? I want to buy some other stuff from them so it could save a shipping cost also....What exactly would I need to get rid of the spacers for the stroker? Would I be able to tell them to cut it for it and be a true bolt on or is it more complicated than that? Is 20cc the lowest I should go for 93 octane also?

After researching I'm seeing alot of good stuff about the Noss head, the one FAST sells is the exact same right? (since Noss makes it for them) Besides there name on it obviously.....anything else different? I want to buy some other stuff from them so it could save a shipping cost also....What exactly would I need to get rid of the spacers for the stroker? Would I be able to tell them to cut it for it and be a true bolt on or is it more complicated than that? Is 20cc the lowest I should go for 93 octane also?

either are a good choice. Call fast and talk to Jeff he'll give you all the info you can handle. Personally I would recommend sending your jugs and getting them ported for the 4 mil.

Didnt think so.....I really didnt fell like pulling the jugs off anyway, its plenty fast anyway...for now lol

I'm going to give Jeff a call and bother him with some questions but comments still welcome

This problem is still bothering me, milky liquid on the plugs (not much but noticeable)....no loss of coolant (not noticeable anyway), no white smoke indicating burning coolant, new head o-rings, runs like a raped ape and no pressure in the cooling system that I know of. If it had a bad head seal wouldnt the cylinder pressure be filling up the cooling system and piss coolant out of the radiator? Burn white smoke (maybe not enough of a leak to notice?) and be using coolant? Besides pressure testing the motor is there anyway I can check for a bad head seal? or any other options this problem could be?

This problem is still bothering me, milky liquid on the plugs (not much but noticeable)....no loss of coolant (not noticeable anyway), no white smoke indicating burning coolant, new head o-rings, runs like a raped ape and no pressure in the cooling system that I know of. If it had a bad head seal wouldnt the cylinder pressure be filling up the cooling system and piss coolant out of the radiator? Burn white smoke (maybe not enough of a leak to notice?) and be using coolant? Besides pressure testing the motor is there anyway I can check for a bad head seal? or any other options this problem could be?

If it's a Trinity head with Trinity domes you might be detonating and that can cause small amounts of water to enter the cylinders. It won't happen when your sitting still inspecting the radiator, but might be happening at certain wide open throttle situations. Eventually your O-rings will blow bad, or you'll have piston damage. Do a squish check of your piston to dome clearance and post the results. If we rule that out you can go on to guess #2....... :shrugani: