Oregon HQ Ride

OK, so how about an official list of who all is going to be there? How about the noise restrictions? Do they test when you go through the gate or is it a random stop & check out on the dunes kinda thing? How about out-of-state registrtions & stickers? What all is needed for us out-of-state guys?

-Jared

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I read on the state site Oregon honors some states registration. There's a list of which states I found. Forget where though. I know Idaho is on the list. Not sure about bfe wyoming though. I know guys that ride over there with the same 450 and pipe they I have and haven't been bothered. But I'm sure there are horror stories.

OK, so how about an official list of who all is going to be there? How about the noise restrictions? Do they test when you go through the gate or is it a random stop & check out on the dunes kinda thing? How about out-of-state registrtions & stickers? What all is needed for us out-of-state guys?

I have never been checked for sound in the ten years I've been riding down there. It is a random stop and check deal. I don't know about out of state stickers. You can buy Oregon stickers in reedsport or pretty much any atv shop around, they are $10.50. You also need to complete a online safety course.

-Jared

From what I read on the state site Oregon honors some states registration. There's a list of which states I found. Forget where though. I know Idaho is on the list. Not sure about bfe wyoming though. I know guys that ride over there with the same 450 and pipe they I have and haven't been bothered. But I'm sure there are horror stories.

An ATV/OHV operating permit that is issued in another state shall be honored in the State of Oregon if the issusing state also honors an Oregon ATV operating permit.

Oregon will honor off road permits from the following states:

Alaska

Arizona

California

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Missouri

Montana

Nevada

North Dakota

Pennsylvania