Best mods for hp gain

Hi everybody, I just want to know which mods gives the most hp without spending a lot of $$.

What I already have :

-Trinity Stage 4 pipes

-Cool Head with 20cc domes (150 psi)

-Barnett clutch

-Timing plate at +4

-Trail port (didn't like how it has been ported but it was on the bike when i bought it :P )

-K&N air filter

When it will blow again, I have on mind to put a stroker with an athena 392cc kit which will cost only 1k , and after a pair of PWK 35mm..

Let me know what you think!!! :D

I wouldn't go with the athena kit. I would go for a 4 mil stock cylinder dune port or maybe aggressive MX port depending on what riding you do? Most people dont like the Athena unless it's ported. Port your stockers for a 4 mil and get the crank and head. Also the 392 kits turns to a 421 If your go to 4 mil stroker so you know.

By the look of it, you are about at the limit for the "cheaper" mods. You are gonna have to spend a good chunk for more hp now, I have been lookin at the hjr 4mil kit with an aggressive dune port quite a bit lately. It's cheap for the amount of power difference you will get. I don't expect to pay more than about $2k new clutch, shift star mod, and rebuild included.

Don't worry about the carbs if you already have the tors removed, the stock carbs can handle quite a bit of hp, just rejet them and spend your money elsewhere.

Sent using Tapatalk!

I have a set of 4mill aggressive dune ported cylinders and pistons by K&T Performance along with a 4mill longrod crank. I will take $825 shipped for the complete setup.

you will love the 4 mil dune port from hjr :headbang:

Thats what i keep hearing!

ahah thank you all to reply!!! its so fast to get an answer ots amazing :P so i will look about that hjr kit!! :D

good plan!

I have a set of 4mill aggressive dune ported cylinders and pistons by K&T Performance along with a 4mill longrod crank. I will take $825 shipped for the complete setup.

If only i had the money to do it at the moment. Damn money!

Sent using Tapatalk!

You say that the hjr kit is more powerfull that the athena kit with a port job, why?? And if i had the money now maybe i'd buy it too! :P

I don't know the exact hp #'s off hand to verify that. All I have heard is great things about hjr's quality and his quick turnaround time and customer service. I have heard SOME good about the athena kits, but once you buy it, you have to pay for more work to go into it, just to get it to run the way you want it. The hjr kit, is put in, and ride the piss out of it.

Sent using Tapatalk!

I don't know the exact hp #'s off hand to verify that. All I have heard is great things about hjr's quality and his quick turnaround time and customer service. I have heard SOME good about the athena kits, but once you buy it, you have to pay for more work to go into it, just to get it to run the way you want it. The hjr kit, is put in, and ride the piss out of it.

Sent using Tapatalk!

with the correct setup you can push up to 80hp. thats with race gas, certain size domes and bigger carbs. with stock carbs, and pump gas ( which i am currently using) you can easily push 65hp all day long which is a big jump over a bolt on shee. it def is a big difference

with the correct setup you can push up to 80hp. thats with race gas, certain size domes and bigger carbs. with stock carbs, and pump gas ( which i am currently using) you can easily push 65hp all day long which is a big jump over a bolt on shee. it def is a big difference

A stk cyl stk stroke HJR Dune Port with T5's and stk carbs dyno'd over 65whp on shitty 91 octane.

http://www.herrjugsracing.com/files/Alec1.bmp

Your 4 mil Dune Port will push 80whp with bigger carbs, tuning and pump gas.

You really need to get your bike dyno'd.

A stk cyl stk stroke HJR Dune Port with T5's and stk carbs dyno'd over 65whp on shitty 91 octane.

http://www.herrjugsracing.com/files/Alec1.bmp

Your 4 mil Dune Port will push 80whp with bigger carbs, tuning and pump gas.

You really need to get your bike dyno'd.

oh no shit? haha nice! i should be in the 70 range then no? :headbang: yes i def do. gotta find a dyno around where i live

Edited by bluebanshee98