m&m or vitos

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right every customer leak downs there motor, checks squish, jets them perfectly and never has any detonation even though some of the failures I have read on here has to burn the plug off burn holes in the piston before they realize they are detonating there motor. Then there cranks fail and its the guy who sold its fault.

Once again this is not our rods and there is a reason why we don't use them but not all failures are due to part failures.

I feel for anyone that has had a premature failure if any one needs one of our cranks let me know.

The fact is yes he has sold those rods, on his cranks, but he obviously doesn't want to admit that again. Apparently he realized later that he could use better rods so he swithched. Which is good on his part. This is all my own thoughts and opinions on this, so if I'm totally off I'm sorry. I'm not trying to offend or blame anyone. I took care of my own problem and on my own dime and never blamed the seller of the parts. I'm just trying to help some others out because obviously those rods are not good quality like we all thought we were getting since they were coming from a respected guy in the business.

This thread has gotten to personal about some good builders. I don't think any builder or parts supplier named would continue to sell substandard parts. If they found an issue with a component, it would be discontinued and they would work with you.

Realistically, how many people have a true crank failure that wasn't caused by a poor setup or something unrelated to the crank. I'm sure it happens but 90% of the time the crank fails due to another problem. If you do have a crank failure, I bet you check bearings, seals, timing, fuel delivery, squish and everything else you can think of to figure out why it happened before installing a new crank.

Andy, keep doing what you do. You have a shit load of people that know your quality and great business practise you provide.

Im just trying to help clear the water a little these are not my cranks and not what I sell and there is a reason for it. With that said I dont think all the crank failures are due to part failures. I have tested the king rod and honetsly I think they have changed because the rod I tested would not bend it would break. We do not use it, because we thought there were better options out there and there is, but I wouldn't tell any one to run scared because of a few pics on the internet.

<br />The fact is yes he has sold those rods, on his cranks, but he obviously doesn't want to admit that again. Apparently he realized later that he could use better rods so he swithched. Which is good on his part. This is all my own thoughts and opinions on this, so if I'm totally off I'm sorry. I'm not trying to offend or blame anyone. I took care of my own problem and on my own dime and never blamed the seller of the parts. I'm just trying to help some others out because obviously those rods are not good quality like we all thought we were getting since they were coming from a respected guy in the business.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Excuse me sir I have been over exactly what rods I have used in the past and what rods I use now. Even released testing data that I shouldnt have as there are alot of my competitors that sell that rod and ebay ads selling them. Its has nothing to do about admitting anything.

ok thanx for the advice, i better replace my crank.

So you got the Original Wang Junk Rods? Better replace that garbage dude. I wouldn't risk it. I know you spent a good amount of money getting your parts to AU. Kinda sucks to hear you got burned man if that is the case.

Billet is no better than forged. I'm not sure where anyone has shown proof they are. I've broken both. The forged I have broken had more time than the billet and guess which was more expensive!

I agree that some forged are as good as some billet. Crank manufacturing is not a secret and neither are the material choices. If you are the manufacturer of forged cranks and you also do the forging then you know what you are getting. The problem with all the banshee cranks I know of is that nobody is confident in the "forgings". It is much easier to be confident of billet cranks if you know the manufacturer. It is also easier to add or subtract a little material to make it stronger/lighter etc or heavier.

Forgings will also have a higher rate of failure because of the nature of a forging and the difficulty in achieving a consistent quality.