huge thanks to the folks on bansheehq

long story short i bought a 03 shee, i was so excited as this was my first two stroke but a couple hours later the right piston melted. thanks to the huge amount of info on this site and a few parts from sponsors i rebuilt the topend and now it runs awesome. the previous tune was so far off i would have burnt up more pistons if i had just put it back together the way it was. it previously had 280 mains but now has a 350s and it leaves about 2mm brown ring on the plugs when i done the plug chop. so once again huge thanks to everyone on here.

Is the engine ported at all? 350 is pig rich. A ported 4 mil should take 330-340 tops. I would highly suggest doing a leak down test. I believe you have a air leak since you have to use such big jets. I was in the same boat before. Glad its running good according to plug chop but air leaks get worse over time

long story short i bought a 03 shee, i was so excited as this was my first two stroke but a couple hours later the right piston melted. thanks to the huge amount of info on this site and a few parts from sponsors i rebuilt the topend and now it runs awesome. the previous tune was so far off i would have burnt up more pistons if i had just put it back together the way it was. it previously had 280 mains but now has a 350s and it leaves about 2mm brown ring on the plugs when i done the plug chop. so once again huge thanks to everyone on here.

That's awesome man! You must be at a lower elevation to end up with a 350 main.

- Jared

That's awesome man! You must be at a lower elevation to end up with a 350 main.

- Jared

i talked to the guy who owned it before the guy i bought it off and according to him the cylinders are drag ported. they guy i actually bought it from said they were trail ported so who knows. they are ported but i couldnt tell you the difference in a trail port or drag port. it has v force 3 reeds, nology coil and hot wires, 66mm wiseco prolites , prodesign timing plate set at 4 degrees (it was at 8), cool head with 18cc domes, sst pipes with power core 2 silncers and k&n clamp on filterson stock carbs and im around 900 ft elevatio jetting was done during 70 degree weather. my mixture is yamalube 2r mixed at 24:1 with rocket brand leaded 112.

Is the engine ported at all? 350 is pig rich. A ported 4 mil should take 330-340 tops. I would highly suggest doing a leak down test. I believe you have a air leak since you have to use such big jets. I was in the same boat before. Glad its running good according to plug chop but air leaks get worse over time

ill look into it, i threw away the boost bottle and got a stock crossover tube because i read they cause air leak problems.

ill look into it, i threw away the boost bottle and got a stock crossover tube because i read they cause air leak problems.

nice job on ditching the boost bottle. they have been know to crack intake boots over time. have you tried plug chopping with 340s or 330s? i would give these two a try and see what the plug chops reads. you may be a lil bit richer then need be. i was going to go with 330's but i went up one due to the pipes i got and the port job

Making sure you do not have an air leak is always a great idea after a rebuild. However, do not go changing your jetting because somebody on here told you it should be rich. If the plugs look good run it. Im not sure how anybody could tell you that 350 should be "pig rich" when they dont even know your elevation temps etc. Just as an fyi. I have a dune ported 350 that at sea level i run 360 mains. yes 360 and the plugs look perfect and it runs strong.

i talked to the guy who owned it before the guy i bought it off and according to him the cylinders are drag ported. they guy i actually bought it from said they were trail ported so who knows. they are ported but i couldnt tell you the difference in a trail port or drag port. it has v force 3 reeds, nology coil and hot wires, 66mm wiseco prolites , prodesign timing plate set at 4 degrees (it was at 8), cool head with 18cc domes, sst pipes with power core 2 silncers and k&n clamp on filterson stock carbs and im around 900 ft elevatio jetting was done during 70 degree weather. my mixture is yamalube 2r mixed at 24:1 with rocket brand leaded 112.

his elevation is 900 ft and 70 temp

Making sure you do not have an air leak is always a great idea after a rebuild. However, do not go changing your jetting because somebody on here told you it should be rich. If the plugs look good run it. Im not sure how anybody could tell you that 350 should be "pig rich" when they dont even know your elevation temps etc. Just as an fyi. I have a dune ported 350 that at sea level i run 360 mains. yes 360 and the plugs look perfect and it runs strong.

i got the info from kev at hjr. im at the same sea level as dozer and he said 330 mains. i was running 370s and he said that i was pig rich. i was just suggesting that he might be a hair rich. sorry for the miscommunication. i do agree that since the plugs look good with his 350's he should stick with it. what i am saying is he could try a size down and or 2 and see how it looks. might get a lil better performance out of it. dozer do u have pics of the plugs? i would like to see them just to make sure. not doubting you but another eye is always good. from all the set ups ive seen that was ported on this forum seems like alot of people with stock carbs was running 330s. do as you please but i dunno i get the feeling that you may have a small or slight air leak. i could be wrong though. just looking out for the best interest of your guys motors :cheers:

his elevation is 900 ft and 70 temp

i got the info from kev at hjr. im at the same sea level as dozer and he said 330 mains. i was running 370s and he said that i was pig rich. i was just suggesting that he might be a hair rich. sorry for the miscommunication. i do agree that since the plugs look good with his 350's he should stick with it. what i am saying is he could try a size down and or 2 and see how it looks. might get a lil better performance out of it. dozer do u have pics of the plugs? i would like to see them just to make sure. not doubting you but another eye is always good. from all the set ups ive seen that was ported on this forum seems like alot of people with stock carbs was running 330s. do as you please but i dunno i get the feeling that you may have a small or slight air leak. i could be wrong though. just looking out for the best interest of your guys motors :cheers:

yeah i have some pics but i dont know how to post them, you have an e-mail? this mornin we sprayed starting fluid on the base of cylinders, head, exhaust exits, top of carbs, intakes and reeds. it never picked up rpm until we sparyed a little on the air filters. i will keep a eye on everything and appreciate the suggestions

nice job on ditching the boost bottle. they have been know to crack intake boots over time. have you tried plug chopping with 340s or 330s? i would give these two a try and see what the plug chops reads. you may be a lil bit richer then need be. i was going to go with 330's but i went up one due to the pipes i got and the port job

with 330 you could feel it not pickup any speed when going from 3/4 to full throttle. when i pulled the choke out it would pick up a little. what do you run your oil mixture at? im thinking if i move the mix ratio to 36:1 or even 40:1 and the temp warms up to between 90 and 100 the jetting will probably be 320 or 330. my current mix ratio is 24:1