Low buck big bore?

Had a question about big bore options for my shee.Neighbor kid just had a local shop put in a vitos sleeve making his blaster a 240cc.This got me wondering if i could buy sleeves to put in my jugs to do the same?

What besides buying a whole kit can you do to get a big bore setup?

I dont really have a specific size in mind and dont want to have a small fortune in doing it.But is it possible to mix match stuff and it live?

Don't do it cheap. Big bore doesn't do much till you go up a quite a bit with porting. Port your stock cylinders and call it good.

Don't do it cheap. Big bore doesn't do much till you go up a quite a bit with porting. Port your stock cylinders and call it good.

Thanks.portings definately on the to do list but i thought when i did maybe i could do what the neighbor did and get some new bigger sleeves?

Just out of curiousity how big of sleeves can you install in stock jugs?

If you want more power give one of the site sponsors a call. Wildcard, HJR, FAST, Redline and the others all make extremely powerful engines. I suggest Wildcard or FAST, they are the sponsors I deal with and they provide great help!!

YES!

Something like that!

So if im getting it ported anyways and i send it off to be ported along with these sleeves to be installed and ported at the same time this isnt a good way to go?

Im looking at just a bolt on banshee that will live in harmony with my T5's and other minor bolt ons.Big bore sleeves/porting would be about what im looking for.

Again looking for a low buck descent setup not really worried if its the baddest thing around just some more power and figured since ill be getting them ported soon why not look at a little more displacement?

Say a guy was to buy these sleeves,add in pistons,then the labor excluding port job what would labor along on this be at a fair price from one of the sponsors here?

Also what does taking this engine up to twin 72mm bores bring the cc's up to?

YES!

Say a guy was to buy these sleeves,add in pistons,then the labor excluding port job what would labor along on this be at a fair price from one of the sponsors here?

porting your jugs, boring them and pressing the bb sleeves in, and boring the cases will be close to the same cost as aftermarket jugs

Resleeving cylinders isnt cheap. The labor cost more than the actuall sleeves. I had a pair resleeved and had about 500 in the sleeve job alone. If you go hog wild with the largest sleeve possible then you reduce the transfer ports because the sleeves are so large.

I had a pair of 66mm-68mm sleeves installed in mine. I just ran blaster pistons on a 4 mill long rod crank. They didnt cut in to the transfer ports. There was still aluminum next to the sleeve in the transfer ports.

porting your jugs, boring them and pressing the bb sleeves in, and boring the cases will be close to the same cost as aftermarket jugs

Well if thats the case ill just go with porting.

I just thought maybe while at it i could get some extra power on the cheap should have known better.lol

Well if thats the case ill just go with porting.

I just thought maybe while at it i could get some extra power on the cheap should have known better.lol

Port work will do wonders for your engine,, i just had my stock cylinders ported with a stock stroke crank and i couldnt believe the improvement.