Got a Ticket in my driveway

DO NOT PAY THE TICKET! My sister is a lawyer. Go to court and argue your side of things. In most cases your appearance at court shows that you do not believe you are guilty, and if you are polite, dress nice, and don't do anything obscene in court the judge will usually at least knock it down a little bit. The worst thing that happens is you have to pay the full fine. Explain to the judge that you had spoken with other police officers who said as long as you wore a helmet and followed normal traffic laws that it was ok for you to ride to the forest. Take pictures if your helmet and safety gear and take it with you, if you have a clean driving record bring that up, print up a map showing the route you take to get to where you ride and show the judge that you are familiar with the area. Explain to him that you ride slow and reasonable while on the roads and do your best to keep your engine quiet.... The judge may dismiss it altogether, or at least decrease the fine. Paying the ticket is straight admission of guilt for breaking whatever law or ordinance the office sited you for, which can affect your record and driving record and insurance later.

- Jared

Dude thats the worst advice I have ever heard. Sounds like the cop was being a dick buuuut....If the ticket was for riding on the road you have zero chance of winning...I mean absolutely ZERO. "explain to the judge when breaking the law you are doing it reasonable" Judge is going to laugh your ass out of the courtroom. If you contest the ticket you are looking at the initial fines AND court cost. There is always the slight chance the cop does not show up.....but traffic court is easy money for da police...no one is going to miss out on the overtime money......Remember even if he lost sight of you traffic court is not the same as criminal. They do not need to provet beyond a reasonable doubt.....not even probable cause standard...They only need to have one piece of evidence that incriminates you...in this case the officer seen you on the road....Your hit dude....pay it

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL, dude broke the law. Cop ticketed him. I dont see the problem? Its like speeding, people bitch about tickets, WELL DONT FUCKING SPEED! I guarentee you will NEVER get a speeding ticket. Its funny, all the people who "hate faggot ass cops" are usually trhe first ones to call them when somthing happens.

I don't dial 911, never have never will

Hey, we don't need that shit. He's a pretty good guy not some fucking blaster troll. Give him a little respect. There is a chance they dismiss especially if the cop lost sight of him while riding.

Give him a break man

Of all the name calling you choose to single me out just because I told the idiot that admitted to doing something illegal is a retard.

So im a retard because ive been told by the same police force that im ok as long as i have a helmet and obey traffic laws and dont be an asshole? You kind sir can blow me!

I agree about it being illegal, but fir the fact that i have them talk to me all the time when leaving my house,washing my bike or even coming out of the woods is where i have the problem. I have friends and family both that serve and they all say the same thing. I personally think this one cop was an asshole and got a hard on over giving me a ticket. I dont think all cops are bad or dicks, and i commend them for doing there job, but to bust my balls while im putting on the side of the road just to ride is BS in my opinion.

So i changed my plastics and took off my 5.5gallon tank for the stock tank since my large one had a gas leak. I wanted to go take it for a spin since when i bought my bike 5 yrs ago it had the large tank on it. so I took it into the woods which are 5 block from my house, on the way back i see the cop coming up the hill as im stopped at the stop sign, i go thru and pull into my alley and next to my garage when he pulls up behind me and asks what iwas doing. I then told him coming back from the woods. Now i have b4 spoken to the local police and they have told me wear a helmet and always let cars pass and dont be a dickhead and we wont bother you. well this guy must get a hard on for giving tickets because when i told him that he wanted to argue with me about it. well 30 mins after after him being a dick and running my info i recieved a $151 fine.banghead just wanted to vent a lil bit about the dickhead. im thinking i might plead not guilty and go to court for it but not sure its worth the hassle. at least they didnt impound my bike.

Yes you are. You admitted guilt and now are whining about it. Should have ran. Also,I like how your story changes from being stopped at a stop sign on the road to being on the side of it.

Of all the name calling you choose to single me out just because I told the idiot that admitted to doing something illegal is a retard.

Yes you are. You admitted guilt and now are whining about it. Should have ran. Also,I like how your story changes from being stopped at a stop sign on the road to being on the side of it.

i was venting not whining, and also my story never changed i was on the side walk when he first saw me, then i CROSSED THE ROAD and then went into my alley where my garage is. Now your telling me i should have ran? I think your the Fucking Retard to be honest. Everyone will have there own opinion but yours i can careless about. Im not going to run and risk hitting someone or a kid in my neighborhood for $151 RETARD!!!

I think im just going to eat the $151 and be done with it.

i was venting not whining, and also my story never changed i was on the side walk when he first saw me, then i CROSSED THE ROAD and then went into my alley where my garage is. Now your telling me i should have ran? I think your the Fucking Retard to be honest. Everyone will have there own opinion but yours i can careless about. Im not going to run and risk hitting someone or a kid in my neighborhood for $151 RETARD!!!

I think im just going to eat the $151 and be done with it.

Then why are you whining?