Got a Ticket in my driveway

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your state require atv's to be registered? I'm sure your ticket is for operating an atv on public roads. This will not effect your insurance or driving record since you are not required to have a license to operate an atv.

Court is held during the day, is a 151$ worth lost wages? Unfortunatly I hate to say it, but you are going to loose this case if it goes to court and you will be without the days pay.

Been there and done this. I was nailed for riding on the roads in Vermont. Dirt roads. Helmet, registration, all required things i was following the rules and good to go in some towns. The some towns allow atv on back roads. I was in a different town. Operating an atv on public roads. I think that was 150$ too. I went to court, judge said that I was breaking the law in Enosburg, even though I had came from Bakersfield (legal road riding) I still was in violation of enosburg laws.

After this I just ran. They have to catch you to give you the ticket. Oh, they harassed me a bit, came to the house told me that they knew it was me, looking for me to admit guilt. Pulled me over on back roads. In the end they couldn't prove much.

Adam

ive also been thought this.''operating an atv on a publc way' 'i took the day off work went to court pled not guilty. they gave me another trial date '3 months later 'took the day off again ,went to court talked with the states lawyer or DA .after all this he did file or dismiss the ticket. but he said it could be brought up again if i am found driving in the tared public roads again in the next few years .anyway i beat the 150$ ticket but lost about 300$ in missed work..so im not sure who really won. goodluck

DO NOT PAY THE TICKET! My sister is a lawyer. Go to court and argue your side of things. In most cases your appearance at court shows that you do not believe you are guilty, and if you are polite, dress nice, and don't do anything obscene in court the judge will usually at least knock it down a little bit. The worst thing that happens is you have to pay the full fine. Explain to the judge that you had spoken with other police officers who said as long as you wore a helmet and followed normal traffic laws that it was ok for you to ride to the forest. Take pictures if your helmet and safety gear and take it with you, if you have a clean driving record bring that up, print up a map showing the route you take to get to where you ride and show the judge that you are familiar with the area. Explain to him that you ride slow and reasonable while on the roads and do your best to keep your engine quiet.... The judge may dismiss it altogether, or at least decrease the fine. Paying the ticket is straight admission of guilt for breaking whatever law or ordinance the office sited you for, which can affect your record and driving record and insurance later.

- Jared

I feel the same way as Jared.....take your chances at going to court.....I have seen some cops give tickets just to be an ass, because they know certain people are not going to go to court.

Edited by 252wheelieking

i just run now if i see them. im not getting another ticket or possibly taking my bike away. fuck that. i do try to load the shee in the truck more often though but sometimes i just dont feel like doing it and need a nice street ride. fight the ticket. ususally it gets cut in half

i just run now if i see them. im not getting another ticket or possibly taking my bike away. fuck that. i do try to load the shee in the truck more often though but sometimes i just dont feel like doing it and need a nice street ride. fight the ticket. ususally it gets cut in half

Vids or GTFO. And it's people like you that make us look bad. Pull over and take your lumps if you were doing something illegal. Like Jared said, go to court and fight it but I doubt you run and if you do, stop. They don't always have to catch you, but like I've seen happen to a good friend of mine, one person says they think it could have been you and your wheeler matches the one in the dash-cam and your fucked. Its this kind of shit that makes cops pull me over for nothing. Nothing at all. I drive down main street in my town which is an atv route going the speed limit and I get pulled over and they look for a reason to give me a ticket.

Well to each his own. Do as you please. Sure ill stop next time as long as your paying the ticket. I'm not driving like a ass on the street. I don't get on the pipe. Just going to a trail. Not speeding or anything. There is a lot worse stuff going on then some person riding to get to a trail. Like I said I usually take the shee in the truck so I don't ride.much on the street anymore. Just saying. Sure street riding is illegall . Have u ever went over the speed limit in your car? Yea that's illegal too. Even 5mph over is.

So you're going to plead not guilty to riding on the road? Yeah, you're a fucking retard.

Hey, we don't need that shit. He's a pretty good guy not some fucking blaster troll. Give him a little respect. There is a chance they dismiss especially if the cop lost sight of him while riding.

Give him a break man

So you're going to plead not guilty to riding on the road? Yeah, you're a fucking retard.

So im a retard because ive been told by the same police force that im ok as long as i have a helmet and obey traffic laws and dont be an asshole? You kind sir can blow me!

LoL, dude broke the law. Cop ticketed him. I dont see the problem? Its like speeding, people bitch about tickets, WELL DONT FUCKING SPEED! I guarentee you will NEVER get a speeding ticket. Its funny, all the people who "hate faggot ass cops" are usually trhe first ones to call them when somthing happens.

I agree about it being illegal, but fir the fact that i have them talk to me all the time when leaving my house,washing my bike or even coming out of the woods is where i have the problem. I have friends and family both that serve and they all say the same thing. I personally think this one cop was an asshole and got a hard on over giving me a ticket. I dont think all cops are bad or dicks, and i commend them for doing there job, but to bust my balls while im putting on the side of the road just to ride is BS in my opinion.