fitted new headlights

KAMIKAZE

Solder an led on the end of a ac power cord. Plug it in and swing it around in a circle. You can really see the 60hz affect. The circle is made up of a bunch of dashes.

haha, i do this every time i plug in a new set of led christmass or rope lights. what's cooler, you can see them phase on/off and which lights are different polarity when wearing 3d shutter glasses.... cheap entertainment ftw

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LiPo batteries have come a long way, even the cheap ones. Haven't seen any 'go-up' at the RC events I've been to. You get a bit more safety with the hardcase ones too. So long as you don't exceed the maximum discharge rate you will be fine. The 'C' rating mulitplied by the capacity of the battery in amps gives you the maximum discharge rate. So 5000mah 20C will supply a maximum of 100 amps continuous power but only for 3 minutes at that current (or 2 amps for 2.5 hours). More than enough for a couple of CREE LED's. Dedicated AC/DC LiPo chargers are pretty cheap too these days, I already have one. And as long as you charge them at the correct rate you'll have no problems, usually 1C (5000mah @ 5 amps) They can even be charged off a car battery if you're on a trip.

Edited by SpecialEd 05

so, they are being used with current limitation. in rc, they are typical with brushless in the begining, which comes inheirently with the 3-phase controller to make it work. what i was worried is if they were being free-ran like a standard battery

so, they are being used with current limitation. in rc, they are typical with brushless in the begining, which comes inheirently with the 3-phase controller to make it work. what i was worried is if they were being free-ran like a standard battery

In RC they will work on any brushless or brushed setup. Even in a scale rock crawler where they draw very little current they'll run for 2-3 hours on a 5000mah battery. I don't think under discharging is going to be a problem and the supply on a 4s LiPo is definitely 14.8 volt DC so you won't need any special kind of controller, just connect red/+ve & black/-ve. The only thing you could add is a low voltage cut-off to eliminate over discharging but I think you'd definitely notice the lights drop before then.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...