Cool head and what domes for pump gas

bryan b

Lookinga at buying a cool head and was wondering if one brand was better th.an the other? Also what dome sizes can you run and still be on pump gas? Im putting out 125psi curently with factory head. Bike if for trail/dune riding. Has fmf fatty pipes, k&n single air filter with factory air box and no lid. 300 main jets with 27.5 pilots. Stock carbs.

My dads selling my trinity coolhead. Its chrome. Its 150$ free shipping. 20cc domes that should put u arpund 150psi if im not wrong. But mine comes with all u need to install. Acorn nuts, 20cc domes and brand new o ring kit. Let me know i can link you

Send me a pm. And do you have to have longer head studs for the trinity cool head?

factors for what?

to what gas to use?

dome size and shape are important

pipes, porting, compression, timing, AFR, temp, lots of things matter.

i asked earlier about what the per say limit is on compression for pump gas and you replied there are alot of factors there.

i have fmf gold series fattys, no porting, 125 psi currently , 32:1 mix with belray synthetic, afr screws are out 2 turns, elevation is 798 ft, +4 timing.

just trying to see how small a dome i can get and run pump gas.

Edited by bryan b

like i said before, call up brandon at wildcard, 435-623-0148

he will get you some custom domes that will be better than shelve and should run great on pump.

you will need to tell him everything you can about your engine.

10-4 thanks

so 20cc domes would be good for pump gas. What the limit per say on compression for 91 octane?

My mods are very similar to yours except my elevation is 0- 50 feet A.S.L. I have the Pro Design Cool Head with 19's. It has my compression up to about 165. Too high. Brandon told me to go with the 22's and it would put me about where I should be. That is only a place to start, but a safe place. All bikes are going to be a little different and as you have heard the engine set up,mods, tuning, fuel and elevation all will change the end result. I can tell you for sure that although mine will run on 93 octane, I found that the 100 octane pump race fuel I get from Sunoco runs much better and no ping. I was told that running the 93 octane with 165 compression is border line at best and would probably cause a detonation problem. 155 is said to be a high safe zone. Good luck and for sure call Brandon.

I would not use trinity domes at all. I had a trinity head once and kept blowing o rings and rattling plugs loose, switched to a Noss head and domes with the same cc of dome and problem went away. 21cc dome at sea level with +4 on the timing is safe for pump gas.

• 7 months later...