Engine Core

hence why you should most likely buy a complete running quad.

sorry that i dont have a couple thousand dollars sitting around to buy one. for $600 im willing to put in some money into a project to have a mechanic do the work. i need to know what parts to buy before i send it in, hence why i started this thread.

well dont expect to be riding it any time soon. you will find out it is cheaper to buy a running one than a project and pay a mechanic to fix on.

for $600,

you are looking at spending another

$200ish for good piston

$100ish for bore/hone job

$100ish for transmission

$150ish for complete clutch

$100ish for stator + flywheel

$100ish for carbs and reeds

let say another $250 for parts that i am not sure you have or don't

so that is $1000 in parts

then you most likely are going to pay someone good junk of change to put it all together.

I don't care whether or not its going to be running soon or not. i don't have to pay the mechanic so according to your calculations im paying 1600 for a freshly running shee with wicked drag ported cylinders, v3 reeds, and and a + 4 chrome extended swing arm. if you can find a running shee thats as good or better that for less, let me know. until then, stop being a jack ass

Here's an OEM parts look up with exploded diagrams of the the whole motor. Just start making a list of every single little part that you do not have. It's gonna be a big list. Brackets, springs, bolts, washers, bearings, gears, clutch parts, covers, kicker parts, etc. I'll bet you end up spending $2,000 getting your $600 Banshee rideable.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2000-yamaha-banshee-350-yfz350m/o/m145962

I don't care whether or not its going to be running soon or not. i don't have to pay the mechanic so according to your calculations im paying 1600 for a freshly running shee with wicked drag ported cylinders, v3 reeds, and and a + 4 chrome extended swing arm. if you can find a running shee thats as good or better that for less, let me know. until then, stop being a jack ass

Best of luck, most of us have a lot of money tied up in our bikes and we always find something to go faster and things we need. Download the manual from my sig and it will give you a good head start on things. Watch what you buy from ebay, sometimes what is forsale here is cheaper. Fast racing has tons of parts in stock, as well as Wildcard. They ship faster than dealers and give you half the bullshit. I would recommend either of them to get any missing widgets you need. Post the parts you need in the forsale section and some of us will be willing to dig around the garage to make a buck here and there.

Again, best of luck, not being a smartass here. The banshee is the easiest atv engine there is as the cases split horizontally.

Adam

Best of luck, most of us have a lot of money tied up in our bikes and we always find something to go faster and things we need. Download the manual from my sig and it will give you a good head start on things. Watch what you buy from ebay, sometimes what is forsale here is cheaper. Fast racing has tons of parts in stock, as well as Wildcard. They ship faster than dealers and give you half the bullshit. I would recommend either of them to get any missing widgets you need. Post the parts you need in the forsale section and some of us will be willing to dig around the garage to make a buck here and there.

Again, best of luck, not being a smartass here. The banshee is the easiest atv engine there is as the cases split horizontally.

Adam

thanks i'll have to check that out!

thanks i'll have to check that out!

just realize that the devil...and your money...is in the details... I just picked a engine up off craigslist, basically an engine in a box all dissassembled. once I laid it all out, i just ordered 150 dollars worth of parts to complete it... thats nuts, half moon clips, key ways, wood drift key, waterpump crank gear, etc...... a full trans off ebay is in the 200 range if I remember right. Brace yourself.... its gonna be more blood, sweat and tears then you think...its not impossible but alot of people think its gonna be a afternoon with a lego set...