#@$& ME!

PDLS

The wife and I swapped shee's and rode for 5 min. tops. Then this happened to mine........

shee1.jpg

shee.jpg

shee2n.jpg

I haven't a clue as to what happened but the right piston has a few cracks in the skirting and as you can see all that remains of the left piston is the dome thats in the cylinder. Looks like it fixing to get expensive and makes me wish the first thing I did when I bought this in December is tear it down and rebuild it for my satisfaction. We were just cruising at about 30mph when the wife pulled over and said, "your shit is broke" lol .

Edited by PDLS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get is we were just cruising, don't they run the best before they blow? :confused: All I read is 4 mill is the way to go, just have to gather the cash as I got bent over on taxes this year. I'll post a few more pictures when I get home, the wife took some on her phone right when I pulled the cylinders off, chunks of piston, needle bearing and pistons everywhere.

I've seen water do that to connecting rods before. If you need I have a stock head for free, I also have a stock crank that is seperating. Free also. The crank seems good , rods are fine just needs pressed back together, trued and welded. You pay for shipping they are yours.

Adam

I've seen water do that to connecting rods before. If you need I have a stock head for free, I also have a stock crank that is seperating. Free also. The crank seems good , rods are fine just needs pressed back together, trued and welded. You pay for shipping they are yours.

Adam

Not surprized by Adams generosity. He's a stand up guy and consistently bails my ass out. :cheers:

By the way welcome to BansheeHQ

Troy

bore and a hone and your back in the game...

Wow, I wouldn't think bore would help that transfer port. But good luck man there's a lot of good Peeps on here, just make sure you return the favors when ya can.

Ticktock, I'll gladly take them off your hands and pay what I can plus the shipping. Can't thank you enough!!! Let me know how or where to send the payment.

I can't tell you how old it is but the guy I bought it from said he rebuilt it last summer. I'm waiting on my buddy to get me his puller so I can get it the rest of the way apart and split the cases. On the upper hand, it did have a pancake bearing!

That is some ruff stuff right there? Looks like to me the pistons were slapping around in there I would guess that motor had a ton of hours on it.