Help

I see this is your first post so with that said, the more info you give and the more specific you are, the better response you are probably going to get. If you say I go to put it in gear and nothing happens, does this mean that you can't get it in gear? Or does this mean you get it into gear and nothing happens? With just those two simple senerios if you cant get it into gear I'd say transmmission issue. If you can get it into gear and nothing happens then I'd say clutch.

Edited by cline

Welcome to BHQ!! :cheers:

Start with the basics. Get either a Clymers repair manual or find the linc for download manual. Next, go through complete clutch adjustment process. Be sure drive sprocket isn't loose. Did you recently change the oil? If so, what kind of oil did you use? :cheers:

A friend just told me he thinks I might try adjusting it first and if not that he thinks it might be the clutch.

It clicks. And oil. About 4 rides ago. Yamalube 2 stroke

banghead

ummmm......yes...its your clutch. its slipping. The reason i say that is because he banshee does not use yamalube 2stroke oil in the transmission.....it uses oil or gear oil or type F atf fluid with NO friction modifiers. Yamalube is a stroke engine oil that is to be mixed with gasoline and put in your fuel tank.

banghead

ummmm......yes...its your clutch. its slipping. The reason i say that is because he banshee does not use yamalube 2stroke oil in the transmission.....it uses oil or gear oil or type F atf fluid with NO friction modifiers. Yamalube is a stroke engine oil that is to be mixed with gasoline and put in your fuel tank.

I am going to agree, first stop look at the clutch. Drain that oil out, pop the cover and check your adjustment. You will be able to see the pressure plate move in and out if you get it right. Then put some gear oil in it and roll, I run klotz.

How do I check the adjustment ?

I know that there is an arrow on the top of the case that is supposed to allign with the arrow on the clutch actuator arm.