First banshee all stock ... I have 3500 bucks what should I do?

Rmoss

The title says it all. I just picked up a 99 banshee all stock. I have a 3500 dollar budget. What should I do? There area many options and opinions that I'm not sure . I want a full asphalt drag machine. Also I found some cheap swing arms on fleabay .. Do u think it would be any good? If you could give me some specs with your ideas like why kind of hp I would get with the set up . Thanks alot for any help ?

tear it down too the bare frame, there are alot of tabs and things you can cut off of it to save alot of weight. if you dont have alot of FAB skills, get an aluminum or bolt on chromoly sub frame.

what size motor are you looking for? if you still want stock cylinders, get a 4 mill crank and get ur cylinders ported to match the crank and pistons.

adda cool head of some sort, i have a D&D racing head, but there are ALOT of good ones out there.

get an override tranny, prolly 2-5 with manual 6th gear.

aftermarket swingarm, alot of SPONSORS on here that make amazing parts, look through the sponsors list before checking ebay (ebay is a last resort for a drag build)

lightweight set of a-arms and some lightweight short shocks.

lightweight narrow axle

either hoosier or american racing tires on douglas blue label rims

while you build all of this back together, start throwing alot of the stock parts and things over your shoulder as alot of what YAMAHA put on the bike is not needed for a drag bike..

Check it out man i got a 102hp 4 mill on cubs...crank and cylinders will run you about 1700 already comes ported thru john at sandtoyz unlimited..get yourself an override should cost like 350 and some carbs im running 41 on alky those are like 350 with carbs get a lock up and that takes care of motor a damn good one and just save up for a good swingarm and axle some shocks and some shearer pipes and youll have a bad ass bike for around 5k invested

Get a coolhead,vforce reeds,vitos pistons,cpi or shearer oofs,timing plate,overide trans,lockup clutch,jj&a axle, get the chassis set up right and clutch setup working then dig into the motor.that probably is at your budget anyways. There is nothing wrong woth ebay for drag parts as long as you accept that most parts are broken/damaged/dont fit right/or are almost worn out. Ive got 2ebay only parts built bikes that i run the shit out of because i dont care what happens to them. People get pissed when they realize they got beat by some pos.

My plan ... Tell me what u think . Hoosier rear tires and rims front 3 inch tires and rims . Plus 10 swing arm ( do you think +10 is right for asphalt drag) struts all the way around drag cut plastics lighten frame drag bars now performance .......cool head 19 cc domes I want to run race gas v force 3 tors removal k&n filters timing plate some out Of frame pipes then later this summer a 485 cheetah kit ...... Opinions please ! Remember I'm just getting in to this but I want to do it right from the start. I just don't want to put shit in just to upgrade later on . Also I seen pipes that are good from 350cc to 550cc these types should be fine to start with right? Maybe a full drag port

I would get carbs when i got new cylinders. I would stick with a cub and build to fit a class size. Cheetahs are just a little more expensive and not that much better than a cub. Spend some left over money on some good books and tools for getting you setup correct. Big power in a crap setup will not be fast. Also get prices from real builders you'll be over budget if you put cylinders on it now