98 banshee

G-Torque

Hi guys... Just bought a 98 Banshee ... It have been top end rebuild with wiseco strokes , it has some tomey t-5 exhaust , and throtle was changed to twist... He said he did all these miss but quad doesn't reach power band .. I took home , first thing I did was change spark plugs and new fuel... He cranks wright on but it sounds like has no power.. like something electric is wrong... It sounds like when a car is out if timing or have bad spark plugs... I found some burned cables on the harnes , it looks like they touch the exhaust I cut and repair them but problem still same

I been thinking that maybe cdi is damage or stator..

How do I test these ? Or maybe carburators are bad ???

Any help I will apreciate..

Thanks...

Try sync carbs and found that they have them interchange wrong.. the one for the right carb was in the left and vise versa... That may happens when they did the change to twist ...

I put them where they belong ... Now it won't start at all...

......LOL.....

I beleave the carbs are out of control....

I Never done the settings of carbs before...

All that air settings... I don't have a clue how to do that....

And also saw that the carbs has a little screw on the bottom . Seems to be to drain the carbs... They where closed all the way... So where the air ones...

Next step I beleave I should do is remove the carbs for cleaning and to make sure all parts are where they supposed to be....

Thanks for all the Tips... Made my knight mare into a fun adventure... Thanks guys....

I do have a downloadable clymers ... Thanks guys..

That's the way I got them now... When I look at sync window I can see the dots also... Now about the choke it only has the puller on the left carb but doesn't have the rod that cross to the other one... I beleave this guys fk these carbs up ... Thinking on buying new carbs 32mm...this is getting anoying and I want to ryde...

That's the way I got them now... When I look at sync window I can see the dots also... Now about the choke it only has the puller on the left carb but doesn't have the rod that cross to the other one... I beleave this guys fk these carbs up ... Thinking on buying new carbs 32mm...this is getting anoying and I want to ryde...

hold up.....the stock carbs are pretty decent believe it or not. There isnt a ROD that connects the choke as there would be on most carbs. these carbs are the odd ball style......the right carb uses vacuum pressure from the left carb to activate the choke on the right carb. look between the carb....if you see a 3inch black tube there then its in place.......if you dont see the little black tube then find yourself about 3inches that will fit between the 2 nipples on the carb sides and kick that shit over. :headbang:

Thanks bro.. your wright...

They don't use roads... I saw the od ball you mention...

What I did..

O I pull them out and put them apart for cleaning.. just to make sure everything in there its where supposed to be ... I found that they also switch the bowls.. Dumb bastards.. Im new to all this Banshee stuff and I could tell just looking at the inside... They probably were drunk or something when they put these together.. lol..

Put ING em back in intakes tomorrow...to see what happend...

Already order a set of 33s ... Now looking for intake and v-force... I want this bitch screaming...

But in the mean time I'm going to keep messing around with these till next week ...

I've been taking pics as I go just thinking that later on I could help somebody else but for some reason can't upload them.

With you guys help had learn little here and there ...

Thanks for all the tips.. Hopefully I can return the help sometime down the road...