Just about set myself on fire

fuzzypickles

I didn't believe the starting fluid can when it said Danger: Flammable. I was working on my Suzuki DR 250 dual sport 4-poke and sprayed some starting fuild in the airbox. for those of you who havent seen the airbox, there is a large hole on the very top facing upwards that goes under the seat. I was looking down above that hole when I turned the starter over and BAM! backfire! A huge flame shot out and I could feel and see it flow over my face and dissipate into the airbox. It kept burning in the airbox, so I yelled "OH SHIT!" and jumped around a little since it was packed in the garage behind two chainsaws and some bins. I ran inside and got a bowl of water, ran back into the garage, and the flames were out. For good measure I poured it in the airbox anyway. Rolled the fucker into the driveway and now its sitting out there. So yeah, luckily I still have my eyebrows and hair. Nothing like setting your dirt bike on fire in your garage to keep you on your toes!

Whats bad is if you ever get a methanol fire in daylight. It burns a nice light blue color and its almost impossible to see in direct light. You just feel this insane hot burning sensation and have to try and figure out where its coming from. LOL!

Lucky it didnt burn your skin off...A couple of years ago one of my employees opened a truck box in the dark and used a lighter to see... well at his suprise some dumb ass put a gas can without a lid inside of it.... And BAM blew a flame in his face and burnt him real bad.... your lucky bro!!

Whats bad is if you ever get a methanol fire in daylight. It burns a nice light blue color and its almost impossible to see in direct light. You just feel this insane hot burning sensation and have to try and figure out where its coming from. LOL!

Yeah, I once saw a CSI episode where someone soaked some guys racing suit in methanol and then when the guy was working on his race car in the pits he set himself on fire, but it was a sunny day so no one knew, and he burned to death...

Oh man,glade everything worked out,and didnt burn down,but that is a funny story...live and learn :jesterlaugh:

Hahaha, sometimes I learn the hard way

Lucky it didnt burn your skin off...A couple of years ago one of my employees opened a truck box in the dark and used a lighter to see... well at his suprise some dumb ass put a gas can without a lid inside of it.... And BAM blew a flame in his face and burnt him real bad.... your lucky bro!!

Yeah, I am really lucky.

Report back when you're on fire.

I'm not on fire but I'm definitally blazed :jesterlaugh::dance: . Just got back from a Red Hot Chili Peppers with my dad and sister and a friend. We got Anthony's drum head from his snare drum, with their logo and some righting drawn on it and the set list on the back! Were a bit high as fuck cause everyone was smokin' some ganja.

• 3 months later...