New alba +2 vs fullflight a-arms

BAMF87

I got a chance to test out my Alba Gulf Wing arms this weekend and man do they work great with my Works Dual Rate Front Shocks. I highly recommend them to anyone.

whats the lengh of the works shocks your running?? thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i made a reply earlier to this post about full flight aarm and i opened my mouth too soon! i really liked them when i got them but now after 3, thats right 3 easy rides the hiem joints are getting sloppy already.. and they are the black hiems!wtf!! anyone out here now if you can replace these pos hiem joints with ball joints?? i should of just spend the extra couple hundred bucks!! :shootself:

well i made a reply earlier to this post about full flight aarm and i opened my mouth too soon! i really liked them when i got them but now after 3, thats right 3 easy rides the hiem joints are getting sloppy already.. and they are the black hiems!wtf!! anyone out here now if you can replace these pos hiem joints with ball joints?? i should of just spend the extra couple hundred bucks!! :shootself:

Yeah, that's the ticket! Replace those POS heim joints with even bigger POS ball joints!

I am using stock length Works dual rate shocks with rezzies. I am looking to change them out for some longer shocks as soon as i figure out what length shock to use.

whats the lengh of the works shocks your running?? thanks

I am using stock length Works dual rate shocks with rezzies. I am looking to change them out for some longer shocks as soon as i figure out what length shock to use.

i just ordered a set of albas gullwings but not in yet the guy on the phone said to get a set of 17" long eye to eye long travels. i got +2+1 .

I spoke to Corey at Alba Racing as well and he conifrmed that to use the long travel on the gulf wing arms. You must use a 17" eye to eye shock for best results. I am picking up a set of 17" axis shocks tonight and will post up a new thread once I inspect and get them installed.

i just ordered a set of albas gullwings but not in yet the guy on the phone said to get a set of 17" long eye to eye long travels. i got +2+1 .

Have you seen Fireball Racing Arms, Stellar Arms, or Lonestar Arms hard to beat there quality and service. I never even seen any arms made by RPM, i thought they just produced minor accessories like bumpers and grab bars.

I found the best arms are made be RPM Industries, they have real ball joints and have better prices, and warrantied.

the local shops here sell alot of them. I have their stock length racing arms on mine.

Anyone try the alba arms with the 450 shocks ?

If you remove the stock shock attachment do you think it will work

Only reason I ask, my arms will arrive anyday now and I have 450 shocks sitting there and I can't afford new shocks yet

So the options were to use the stock shocks or try the 450 ones as I know there longer then the stock shocks

Thoughts ?

The only length shocks that will work without the link is 17"-18" shocks eye to eye. I believe 450 shocks are only like 16 1/4 so they will be to short.

Anyone try the alba arms with the 450 shocks ?

If you remove the stock shock attachment do you think it will work

Only reason I ask, my arms will arrive anyday now and I have 450 shocks sitting there and I can't afford new shocks yet

So the options were to use the stock shocks or try the 450 ones as I know there longer then the stock shocks

Thoughts ?

The only length shocks that will work without the link is 17"-18" shocks eye to eye. I believe 450 shocks are only like 16 1/4 so they will be to short.

So with the link in there to long and with out it there to short

Might just keep it stock for now n get some decent shocks to match when funds permit

Yea with the link they will be to long and with the link out they will be to short. I have spoken to Alba several times and you have to use 17"-18" shocks for you ride height to be correct and other variable to be in proper spec. Check out my thread I posted some pics of how the bike sits with 17" eye to eye shocks.

So with the link in there to long and with out it there to short

Might just keep it stock for now n get some decent shocks to match when funds permit