New alba +2 vs fullflight a-arms

BAMF87

Well the 450 shocks will fit if that's what you have. When I was throwing the arms on a while back I had a set of 450 shocks that I bolted on just to see whats up. It will just sit a bit lower but rideable no doubt if thats all you have to work with for now.

Here is one of the pics of one installed when messing around in the shop. http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/savage_420/DSC00150.jpg

I run some 18" Gen 2 Fox Float X Evols with these arms as I said above. Love them.

One thing I found with these floats, is that take your time and set them up right. Write down what settings you set the hi and low comp and rebound and especially how much pressure you put in the main air chambers and evol chambers. I've played with the air pressures, hi/low comp and rebound a shit ton now and everytime its that much better for every type of riding. Crazy adjustable shocks, can totally change them up in a minute or 2 out on the trail or at the track with the lil pump.

Good times in the hills!!!

Damn that's lots of typing with sausage fingers on my phone..... :rotflmao:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just got my box of alba gear and so far not impressed

First thing the brake line clamps were missin g

Second was with the stock shock linkage one fit no worries the other is completly different and isn't even close to fitting

Third the tie rods must have had the threads tapped and then chromed as there is shit all through them and the ends don't screw in without re tapping

Also got a front bumper

It was bent and only 2 out of 4 holes lined up

After some bending/elongating the holes

It bolts up but sits slightly angled

Doesn't make me feel to safe about riding on their arms if all this is wrong already

Will get some pics up in a few hours

I have had no issues with there arms and man are they great qaulity. All my parts fit great with no issues, I recommend you give them a call Im sure they will make thing right for you.

Well I just got my box of alba gear and so far not impressed

First thing the brake line clamps were missin g

Second was with the stock shock linkage one fit no worries the other is completly different and isn't even close to fitting

Third the tie rods must have had the threads tapped and then chromed as there is shit all through them and the ends don't screw in without re tapping

Also got a front bumper

It was bent and only 2 out of 4 holes lined up

After some bending/elongating the holes

It bolts up but sits slightly angled

Doesn't make me feel to safe about riding on their arms if all this is wrong already

Will get some pics up in a few hours

I just spoke to them

They said they are ment to run a tap through the rods but misse my set

They are out of stock of the brake line clamps so jus didn't send them

And are sending the correct link out to me

Quick response and seem to be keen to fix the issue

Yes set the axle up to +4 so everything is lined up. Your bike is going to handle like its on rails man, you will love it.

I also have an axle to go in, how should i set it

4' wider like the arms or so the wheels are level with each other ?

re tapped the rods and they fit mint now

they said they will express post the replacement link to me and i will get the brake line clamps later when there in stock

they even offered to pay for the rods to be tapped but i had a tap and took 15 mins to sort out

axle is in and fits mint

what sort of camber should i run on the front ?

and just a 0deg toe?

be nice if the link arrives and i can test them this weekend

although it is with stock shocks should still be better

2l8vtq1.jpg

thats how it sits now

just set the other link up to hold the shock so i could leave it resting on its own n will swap that out as soon as the new one turns up

after the few little issues pretty happy with it all new

just want to test it

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen Fireball Racing Arms, Stellar Arms, or Lonestar Arms hard to beat there quality and service. I never even seen any arms made by RPM, i thought they just produced minor accessories like bumpers and grab bars.

RPM makes some awsome arms, they also build streetbike powered quads and some electronics and stuff, cant beet the price and the quality is really good.

I just installed a set of +2+1 full flight arm with elka shocks. I love the way it rides and handles.. Way better then stock thats for sure but i would bet the shocks play a big role in the performance. However the arm themselves are a nice quality especially for the price. And they bolt right up with ease witch is always a plus!! So far i really like the setup.. Id recommend them especially if your on a budget such as myself..

what length are use elka's??