Man. Really needed new tires.

So i bought my banshee knowing it needed tires. The previous owner must of had 20psi in them when i brought it home in the morning i could notice two broken sets of cords. So i ordered some Holeshot HD's and pulled off the old Fast Trekkers to find that all of the cords on the sidewalls had been pulled off the side wall and some of them were broken in spots. I was a little surprised to say the least. Shitty pic but this is what the inside of the tire looked like.

0307121440a.jpg

Edited by Hyper

• 1 month later...

What size HD's did you get? I am in need of new tires too. Can anybody tell me what size of tire for the rear I should use? I like the look of the 18s (I know looks are not everything) but I have a buddy that once told me to get the 18s also. Are they more for racing tracks? I ride mostly trail. Are the ITP SX's any good? They should be for the price.

The best tire sizes for a Banshee are 20x11x9 and 20x10x9. I prefer the 20x11 because it's a wider tire patch which gets you more contact with the ground. I like traction. 18" tires are not nearly big enough for a Banshee, even in stock form.

Stay away from the ITP and Maxxis tires. They are overpriced and under-performing. Their tread compound is really soft compared to other brands because people are using them mainly for MX and cross country type racing on 4-stroke bikes.

Currently, the best tire available for a Banshee are the Ohtus MR501. They hook up hard and last a while. You can find them here: http://farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=174

I have also seen these in use and FAST just started carrying them: http://farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=445

Junk. They don't hook for shit and you better stay off the street or you'll be buying tires in a month.

Do you know anybody that has experience with those ambush tires.

My girlfriends dad has the ambushes and they have held up great for him. I plan on running them too when my banshee is all back together

Do you know anybody that has experience with those ambush tires.

Yea, a buddy of mine has been using them for hillclimbing in Minnesota. He cut every other row out for max traction but from what I have seen of them they look like they'd be pretty decent tires just as they are.

Well I may have to give them a try. I run a 421 serval. So I'm hoping they will hook decent. I do mostly trail riding so I guess if nothing else I could cut some of the lugs off. Does any one know if they come in a 22inch tire.

Well I may have to give them a try. I run a 421 serval. So I'm hoping they will hook decent. I do mostly trail riding so I guess if nothing else I could cut some of the lugs off. Does any one know if they come in a 22inch tire.

You won't want to cut the lugs for trail riding. You will lose sideways bite with them going around corners.

I believe they make a 21" tire but not a 22".

I have a full set of ambushs on my yfz, i love them so far, great traction on sand and dirt trails. perfect amount of slide for me. fronts have held up great.

also you might check FAST on price, i know i just bought mine for 50$ a front tire and 58$ a rear tire off motor cycle superstore.com and that was a shipped price. if fast can match that pricing it'd be a hell of a deal.

(theres a few places that have these tires listed at an older cheaper price and i had MCSS look there webpage up and they'd told me they'd match its price)

on a side note, when i dig my fingernail into these ambushes they seem pretty soft compaired to the old set of rzrII i had on it. but then again those rzrII's i put on my banshee are probably atleast 4-5 years old so there probably just feeling hard because of there age.

545918_10150749196349204_505169203_9249681_674353470_n.jpg

380196_400468059971759_100000257065376_1459985_998101506_n.jpg

578359_10150746910449204_505169203_9239265_600111234_n.jpg

Edited by magz

Don't overlook the holeshot GNCC's. I run them on my yfzr and they are the by far the best hooking tire I've ever ran. I run my bike on gravel roads on 10-30 mile trips, plus I trail ride them every weekend and they still look and perform like new. I've only ran them for a month so far, but I put a hell of alot of hours on my bike in a week. They are expensive, but so far I'm dead set on buying another set of them when these need replaced.

100_0385.jpg