why is one pipe hotter than the other

None really that I can think of, swap out the cdi and give that a try. I really cant think of too much else. Switched out known good coil - same problem. The carbs were cleaned and put together properly? Different parts in each carb! Choke tube on, both have fuel?

Running out of options, leading to the cdi\stator

adam

None really that I can think of, swap out the cdi and give that a try. I really cant think of too much else. Switched out known good coil - same problem. The carbs were cleaned and put together properly? Different parts in each carb! Choke tube on, both have fuel?

Running out of options, leading to the cdi\stator

adam

yup, carbs are good. I even put my hand over both carbs mouth, both of them are sucking air. I pull the choke out and the engine wants shut down .... :confused:

what else can it be but the cdi banghead

I'll try that tomorrow And post the result.

Thanks Adam!

I am no pro but if you are getting a shock from that plug wire i'd say you are getting spark.. Not sure how it would be a cdi issue?? put another plug in it and see if its sparking. Also, would the reason it dies when you pull one plug wire off is because your only firing on one cylinder?? Thats why it doesnt die when you pull the other one. Just thinknig outloud.

Edited by Dunes98

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...