changing igniton switch location

the factory igniton switch is ugly as hell and mine is in kinda ruff shape (at one time somebody must have put a switch or something in there cause they cut a hole in it) either way i think its ugly and im getting new handle bars and want to get rid of it. obviously i could just wire it to where it always starts but then somebody would have alot easier time stealing it so wondering what you guys do. because alot of you have really clean machines

I moved mine to the rear under the seat. It sticks up through the hole that the coolant bottle cap came through. I built a custom bracket coming off the old airbox mounts. The way it is made, I can reach under the seat from the side and turn it on or off, If I want to actually take the key out of the switch I have to pull the seat off.

I see that it was already mentioned on here a couple replys back but I just wanted to chime in and say that I have purchased the bracket from Rocky mountain that bolts to the two rear bolts on the gas tank under the front of the seat. It is cheap and fairly easy to instal. Only thing I had to do was open up the wire harness a little to give it the slack needed to sit in the new position because the harness is obviously designed for the key to be in the handle bar area.

I see that it was already mentioned on here a couple replys back but I just wanted to chime in and say that I have purchased the bracket from Rocky mountain that bolts to the two rear bolts on the gas tank under the front of the seat. It is cheap and fairly easy to instal. Only thing I had to do was open up the wire harness a little to give it the slack needed to sit in the new position because the harness is obviously designed for the key to be in the handle bar area.