Older Model Electrical Connectors, WHERE Could I Buy Any?

On my 88 Banshee I just discovered that one of the wires in the bundle coming off the stator has ripped off (chewed by rats actually) right where it enters the plastic white connector at the end of the wire bundle. I would like to know if there is a supply store or website who carries these connectors so that I can splice all of the wires and rerun them into the new connector.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows if these connectors can just be popped open allowing me to just simply reattach the wire into the connector. The wire that is detached is the red wire which I am very curious to know what the wire actually is for if anyone knows.

Anyways, if anyone knows where I can find one of these old style plastic electrical connectors for the stator wire bundle on my 88 banshee, or if I can open my existing connector up and somehow reattach this red wire back in, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

THANKS!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

its been awhile since I messed with that plug, but as I remember they are just pinned in there. If you look close I think you can take a pick and unlock the pin from inside the connector and pull it out. If you can make sure you make a good diagram of where each color goes so you get them back in the same one..

yes you can remove the individual wires from each connector plug. As n2 already stated, if you look down inside the plug you can use a very small object to release each individual wire because each of them are inserted into the plug from the back side until they snap into place. I have used a needle to do it before or you can try what I have heard on here which is a pick. Then you wont need a new connector plug. Just repair you wire then plug it back into the plug.

As was said, you can remove the terminal and reuse the connector. Supposedly the connectors were available from Toyota( same as late 80s pickup), but I tried that and they are No Longer Available. I just receive a new street bike catalog from Dennis Kirk and there was a whole page of connectors in there. I know the connectors for the TORS or headlights were shown, but I have not taken the catalog out to the bike to see if any others match up, no applications just have to match what you have to the picture. JustATV.com had a listing of connectors but I can't get the webpage to come up. Good luck.

my conector was beat to poop. so i just got a some ind male /female conecters from a local electical suply co. jus make sure there high end water tight conectoers and youll be good with any that are the same wire gauge . worked great and its beenquite awhile goodluck

Thanks for all the great replies guys.

I tried to pick at metal clip/tab inside of the plastic connector to free the wire but it seems like it is absolutely not willing to let go of the wire. I even took needle-nose pliers (out of pure frustration) to the existing portion of the wire still held on by the metal clip and pulled at it but ended up only tearing another portion of the wire off leaving a bit behind in the metal clip. I do not know what UNGODLY force is holding this wire and clip in the connector, but it wont budge at all.

**SIGH** It really is frustrating working on an older model Banshee. The frustration is really HARD to deal with sometimes... REALLY HARD! banghead

Any additional ideas are welcome.

Thanks for all the great replies guys.

I tried to pick at metal clip/tab inside of the plastic connector to free the wire but it seems like it is absolutely not willing to let go of the wire. I even took needle-nose pliers (out of pure frustration) to the existing portion of the wire still held on by the metal clip and pulled at it but ended up only tearing another portion of the wire off leaving a bit behind in the metal clip. I do not know what UNGODLY force is holding this wire and clip in the connector, but it wont budge at all.

**SIGH** It really is frustrating working on an older model Banshee. The frustration is really HARD to deal with sometimes... REALLY HARD! banghead

Any additional ideas are welcome.

Get the actual pick set.

Then go to your local pick a part or something and cut a newer connector off a car if you please and move all your wires into it.

thanks for your reply. I was looking at them, but they are simply more than I am looking to spend. My project here on my 88 banshee has already cost me darn near the price of just going out and buying a fairly new perfectly running newer model banshee. So I am looking for an inexpensive fix like buying an old style connector and reruning my wires into it, or finding a connector with good wires on it to where I can just splice my wires into it.

It is really disturbing to me now as I think of just how much money I have already spent on this older banshee, so I have got to start cutting my expenses here WAY down before I am broke for the next few lifetimes. LOL, *sigh*.

Edited by bansh_88