Which filter pods do you prefer? ~K&N or UNI~

Hellacious

I'm currently running K&N pods. A buddy of mine, which is a very knowledgeable motorcycle mechanic told me to ditch the K&Ns and get some foam pods. He says K&N are nore of a street filter and stop up extremely quick in a dirty environment. He says he's seen cases where K&Ns actually were letting dirt & dust through...What do you guys think? K&N or UNI foam?

I think I might me joining you man. I read some things on other forums too...Lots of people seem to have had issues with K&Ns letting dirt + debri in. Although I've alwyas ran K&Ns and personally have never had any issues, I think I'm going to be on the safe side and get some good quality foam filters. I wonder if foam filters can compete with the airflow of a K&N though.

UNI 100% all the way . The dual layer pod filter with a outerwears is the only choice . The UNI uses multi directional foam that traps dirt better , far better . K&N is a good on road racing filter , but for harsh off road racing/riding , UNI is really the choice .

^^^^^^^^^^^^NOT TRUE^^^^^^^^^Bought a UNI at the dunes once. Ran it for 1 day and it was so clogged with shit my YFZ wouldn't hardly stay running. The foam is a big problem in loose dirt and sand. It gets so clogged with shit that it can't get air. Get the K&N with the Outerware, it lets the dirt and sand fall away without getting clogged in the filter.

K&N you actually have to run kind of dirty. I can't remember where but it was on here that someone one said that's how they work better. I personally like my uni pods. With the outer wear and oil if I do happen to splash a little water on them it beads up and rolls off. K&N absorbs that water.

unless you are running where there is the potential for the filter to get wet dont oil the outer layer. this keeps stuff from sticking to the filter.

Ive personally seen about a dozen cases of how horrible a k&n filter really is. my boss is a fan of them. and everytime i pull the one off his dodge dually the intake tube is full of dirt. they get worse the more times you clean them out as the gauze ages and the holes get bigger. the same thing that makes a k&n flow good is the same thing that makes it a terrible filter.

with that said in certain cases such as on a drag bike or possibly a street bike they might be OK. i will be running k&n's on my drag bike if it ever makes it together but its a limited use deal and doesnt go tear down the road in the dust and shit.