never ran alky before

voodoo69

ok so i am looking in getting a new banshee it is a 10 mil 535 cheetah with 39pkw carbs on alky.i have never ran alky before and some tell me that it can be hard to tune and keep tuned. and i was told you have to purg it with gas when your done running for the day. can someone who knows help me out a

ok so i am looking in getting a new banshee it is a 10 mil 535 cheetah with 39pkw carbs on alky.i have never ran alky before and some tell me that it can be hard to tune and keep tuned. and i was told you have to purg it with gas when your done running for the day. can someone who knows help me out a

its not hard to tune at all and yes you do have to purge it, but its easy to do just take an old rad bottle fill it with you regular gas with oil connect it to your alky pump and turn it on until it swallows it all down and and make sure you get urself a nice set of purging spark plugs or u will ruin ur alky plugs you will have to change your plugs when you purge it

Edited by 4strokekilla1987

its not hard to tune at all and yes you do have to purge it, but its easy to do just take an old rad bottle fill it with you regular gas with oil connect it to your alky pump and turn it on until it swallows it all down and and make sure you get urself a nice set of purging spark plugs or u will ruin ur alky plugs you will have to change your plugs when you purge it

never ruined a set of plugs by purging on them.. I've ran my same plugs for 2yrs.. could have gone a 3rd.. but figured i'd just throw another set in there.

never ruined a set of plugs by purging on them.. I've ran my same plugs for 2yrs.. could have gone a 3rd.. but figured i'd just throw another set in there.

You're a lucky man, I change my plugs before every race. I purge my bike longer than most though, I have a touch of OCD and make absolute certain the cases have been flushed, lol :lol:

You're a lucky man, I change my plugs before every race. I purge my bike longer than most though, I have a touch of OCD and make absolute certain the cases have been flushed, lol :lol:

I usually run about half gal through purge mixed at 20:1. If i was a track guy racing heads up.. I might consider changing plugs. Only time I change my plugs is while i'm getting heat readings.. after I get the motor dialed. I'll keep using the same plugs unless I make a change in tune. Then I'll put a new set in to watch.

• 1 month later...

Alky is easy to tune and makes power even really rich. I keep thinking about making a banshee alky tuning vid to put on youtube. I could do , needle setting , powerjet and mainjet settings. Whatcha guys think. Would that help?

I just joined the alky crew with a 10 mil cub built by LC performance. Video would be very helpful, and appreciated.