Pro Circuits OK on a Serval?

KarTek

After reading through all of this, I think I'm going to end up with some small bore Shearer's. They seem to get the most favorable reviews. I appreciate all the discussion. I'm learning a lot. :cheers:

i happen to like both 4 strokes and hondas. idk about the mens fashion thing, i look like a bum and dress in rags so i can have a fast banshee. o ya i have a e46 m3, gas is like $4 a gallon now and banshee fuel is $9g...f my life

You can think about them....

You can like them.......

But DON'T talk about them. :lol:

$9.00 dollars for race gas? Somebody is sticking it to you my friend. :o

You can think about them....

You can like them.......

But DON'T talk about them. :lol:

$9.00 dollars for race gas? Somebody is sticking it to you my friend. :o

welcome to ny. vp fuel c12 110 octane is sold at like 2 places around here. ny isnt the motor city, its jew york

and to top it off, the higher octane fuel that you may or my not use will cost more money and burn quicker.

Umm actually higher octane fuel burns slower..

Have any of you guys seen the "421 serval" thread that has dyno sheets in it showing the PC's doing quite well? What are your thoughts?

the pc curve did look healthier, but i was watching a PC 421 serval vid a while ago, and when the guy was mashing the throttle, it didnt even pop the wheels off the ground.

even if i lean over the bars, my bike throws the front in the air all the time. (shearer 421 serval) i like the shearers, i love revs tho.

the pc curve did look healthier, but i was watching a PC 421 serval vid a while ago, and when the guy was mashing the throttle, it didnt even pop the wheels off the ground.

even if i lean over the bars, my bike throws the front in the air all the time. (shearer 421 serval) i like the shearers, i love revs tho.

That's the whole point. The flat curve puts the power to the ground more efficiently, although, you may not feel as fast. Hence the term more "rideable" curve, you don't have to fight the power to keep control.

but when youre going through the gears, you are only in the upper rpm and at max tq anyway.

when i had the stock carbs on with the shearers, it had awesome down low power. the 34's dont have that down low poke the 26's did but the top end screams.

maybe i just use my gears more than others ?.

i like the power delivery tho i want more.

Well I am just looking at it from the perspective of what the serval is handy for, which is being able to lug a gear or short shift and it pull hard back into the upper RPM's. You're right when banging through the gears you're staying in a more constant high rpm range, but that is what the Cub and drag style porting and mods are for.

Umm actually higher octane fuel burns slower..

Have any of you guys seen the "421 serval" thread that has dyno sheets in it showing the PC's doing quite well? What are your thoughts?

For what ever it's worth......"Snop" posted most of the Serval with PC dyno numbers. I think in needs to be mentioned, that he built that motor to be used to do "Tree Shots". The idea was that they have to get on and off the throttle when the motor is at Mid RPM and the bike needs to pull from a HEAVILY LOADED condition. (Tree Shots are very steep hills of sand with a slalom course of trees in it.) So it wasn't really of high importance to have a motor that pulled on the top end. The main goal of Snop's motors is to have good power immediately after you have lifted off the gas and gotten back into it.

Also, most people have not seen a Banshee with the silencers he says you need to use. They are the forestry approved model. They are a good 3-6 inches longer that a stander silencer. One of the guys in our ride group has a set and even my wife commented on how gay they looked. They stick out PAST the factory grab bar! Yes this would mean that a big wheelie can result in silencer end cap damage.

I'm all for finding new ways to make power. With the serval, you get a ton of low end pull. Snop had a special need for way more low end power than most would need and with the way he set up the bike he was able to make the motor meet his needs. The beauty of the serval, is it takes the standard Cub power band and moves it down the RPM range to a lower level, so the motor doesn't act like a drag motor while eliminating the classic Cub light switch pipe hit.

The carb pipe question is going to be a debate till we see some more dyno runs with more combos. I guess if you want more low end power than a 4-stroke...you could lean towards the PC's. (I'd just buy a 4-stroke...you can get those to 60HP easy.) But if you want great low end power and Banshee HP on the top...I'd still lean towards the Shearers with Carbs in the 30-34mm size.

Two different styles of power. Neither is wrong. :shrugani:

T5's PC are fine for servals!!

personally you have T5's keep em and run them... If you where really digging for the most horsepower you could possibly get you wouldnt have a serval in the first place. T5's are on MANY dune bikes that make over 85 horsepower... Will you get more power up top with a sniper or Shearer? yes... but how much? who knows. If your serval is "as cast" run a t5 or PC... if you have opend it up a bit I could understand maybe getting a new pipe... But are you willing to pay 100 bucks a horse?

T5's PC are fine for servals!!

personally you have T5's keep em and run them... If you where really digging for the most horsepower you could possibly get you wouldnt have a serval in the first place. T5's are on MANY dune bikes that make over 85 horsepower... Will you get more power up top with a sniper or Shearer? yes... but how much? who knows. If your serval is "as cast" run a t5 or PC... if you have opend it up a bit I could understand maybe getting a new pipe... But are you willing to pay 100 bucks a horse?

Is this from experience? Have you any real world experience with a 421 serval equipped with T5s? Because you would probably note that those who have tried the T5s (seat time and dyno time) all agree that you are leaving a substantial amount of USABLE power on the table compared to other pipes. In fact, my R2s with this engine will come into the powerband sooner than a stock port T5 single carbed bike.

For what ever it's worth......"Snop" posted most of the Serval with PC dyno numbers. I think in needs to be mentioned, that he built that motor to be used to do "Tree Shots". The idea was that they have to get on and off the throttle when the motor is at Mid RPM and the bike needs to pull from a HEAVILY LOADED condition. (Tree Shots are very steep hills of sand with a slalom course of trees in it.) So it wasn't really of high importance to have a motor that pulled on the top end. The main goal of Snop's motors is to have good power immediately after you have lifted off the gas and gotten back into it.

Also, most people have not seen a Banshee with the silencers he says you need to use. They are the forestry approved model. They are a good 3-6 inches longer that a stander silencer. One of the guys in our ride group has a set and even my wife commented on how gay they looked. They stick out PAST the factory grab bar! Yes this would mean that a big wheelie can result in silencer end cap damage.

I'm all for finding new ways to make power. With the serval, you get a ton of low end pull. Snop had a special need for way more low end power than most would need and with the way he set up the bike he was able to make the motor meet his needs. The beauty of the serval, is it takes the standard Cub power band and moves it down the RPM range to a lower level, so the motor doesn't act like a drag motor while eliminating the classic Cub light switch pipe hit.

The carb pipe question is going to be a debate till we see some more dyno runs with more combos. I guess if you want more low end power than a 4-stroke...you could lean towards the PC's. (I'd just buy a 4-stroke...you can get those to 60HP easy.) But if you want great low end power and Banshee HP on the top...I'd still lean towards the Shearers with Carbs in the 30-34mm size.

Two different styles of power. Neither is wrong. :shrugani:

that was a damn good post. really damn good.