421 serval

jimbo1986

I just bought a 421 serval kit with stage 2 porting from trinity. With that being said what pipes, carbs, etc.. should i get to extract the most power but still be trail rode

You should see what Trinity has to say.Some fellas had 28pwks and PC pipes and loved it for everything.

I also have a 421 Serval that I'm getting ready to put together. I have Toomey T5's right now but I'll probably go with Pro-Circuits if I can strike a deal to buy some. From what I've read, Toomey's and CPI's favor the top end while the Serval is more of a low-mid performer.

I didn't have a ton of time or money for dyno and I only had the 28mm mikuni's. We tested the Pro Circuits, cpi's and Trinity's with the 28's. The Pro Circuits came on earlier and stayed 4-6 hp above the cpi's and trinity's until just past 9,000 rpm's. Then the cpi's and trinity's pulled a little past and peaked at about the same HP. I tried the 304 silencers on the pc's and my 294 silencers. The 294's are the long forest friendly ones and they actually made more power than the 304's which are the standard silencers. Not sure if it was the added back pressure or what but it kind of surprised Snop and I.

We did the Dyno tuning at Rooster Built Racing in Auburn, WA. Dave said that he figured larger carbs with the cpi's or trinity's would possibly loose a little on bottom but maybe pick up 1-2 on top.

I have a 421 serval with 35 pwk a/s and R2 pipes. I absolutly love it. I also do mostly trail riding. The pipes come on pretty fast and pull to the moon. Lots of power everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...