Asphalt to Sand Again

SlowerThanYou

I'm going to repost our 1st three runs from our Nov. 2011 Dome Valley trip. This was our 1st attempt at 300' sand. Like I said before, we had the 60's worked out pretty good. We were having problems hooking up in 3rd & 4th gear. These our the 1st 3 runs & we were in the right lane. We did well that trip & got 2nd place in 0-465 limited, semi finals in bracket and did well in the 0-650 unlimited class.

100_0668Medium.jpg

We made some changes for the better for this past weekend race. The biggest change being the 22x11x8, 14 paddle Rippers.

Angelbiketrophy.jpg

Did you see improvement in the 60 or ET?

Not yet & we are not far off from what we ran 1st time out. We fixed the spinning in 3rd/4th gears & picked up mph. I know that doesn't win races. We need a gear change, some clutch base pressure adjustments and a few other small changes.

We had some problems running with the cars, trucks, Top Fuel dragsters and whatever else was on the track. It made for some pretty wild rides. We also had some other problems, like part throttle & we have also been testing max runs on a clutch. We are at 100+ runs on asphalt, around 40 on sand & plan to get another event out of this clutch @ Bakersfield, CA. We know @ around 100 runs we lose a little performance. We are trying some different maintenance techniques to extend the life a little bit.

nice runs bro,i run a wheelie bar very similar too yours and it twisted like a pretzel after catching in the ruts doing 300 dirt drag events,it was throwing me around like a rag doll.The next time i went back to asphault i noticed how fucked it was when i launched

Thanks, the runs were a couple of our slower ones.

As for the wheelie bar, I don't like the wheels we have on it. I'm going cut a one piece wheel hopefully. The bar is holding up well so far. I hope it doesn't damage it for asphalt.