Lost

bfn18

Well I was putting my new clutch on my shee the other night (the bike didnt come with any plates or frictions and the push rod was not in there) and noticed the push rod would not go in at all, like something was blocking it. Im guessing the bike might need a new bottom. So before I split the case and rebuild it, I was thinkning of just buying a ready to go 4mil complete engine. What would you guys do in this situation, rebuild (im only 1mil over now) or 4mil new engine?

If anyone is selling a working stock bottom end, Im all ears lol.

Well I was putting my new clutch on my shee the other night (the bike didnt come with any plates or frictions and the push rod was not in there) and noticed the push rod would not go in at all, like something was blocking it. Im guessing the bike might need a new bottom. So before I split the case and rebuild it, I was thinkning of just buying a ready to go 4mil complete engine. What would you guys do in this situation, rebuild (im only 1mil over now) or 4mil new engine?

If anyone is selling a working stock bottom end, Im all ears lol.

when you hear us talking about "4mil" bike we are talking about the stroke of the crank not the bore of the cyls. If you are looking at buying a true 4mil i would just buy that. Then take your old motor apart and see what all parts you can sell to make up some of you cost on the 4mil.

Well i was talking to a couple shops in my area that only deal with banshees and the one place has got a true 4 mil complete engine. I think its on the expensive side $1500. But im spliting the case tomorrow night and see whats going on before i do anything.

Well i was talking to a couple shops in my area that only deal with banshees and the one place has got a true 4 mil complete engine. I think its on the expensive side $1500. But im spliting the case tomorrow night and see whats going on before i do anything.

A true 4 mil as opposed to what other kind of 4 mil? $1500 is not a bad price for a complete running 4 mil motor. Complete as in everything including stator and flywheel? Carbs? It would cost you about that much to change your stock motor over to a 4 mil, depending on how much you have done to your motor now.

If I had the money and new the condition of the motor, that is the route I would go if I were you.

SP

My guess is that the ball got welded to the rod and either is stuck in shaft or welded to actuator arm. Unless you know it needs a top end why not run it? Pull the clutch basket and spin crank with impact to get a comp test.

Try magnet in shaft to see if you can pull rod out of shaft.

Speed is only limited by cubic dollars. :cheers:

No the guy i got it from gave me the rod, he said he didnt know how to install it. I will try the magnet first but I think im going to have to taking it apart tonight anyway and i will see what actually happened.

A true 4 mil as opposed to what other kind of 4 mil? $1500 is not a bad price for a complete running 4 mil motor. Complete as in everything including stator and flywheel? Carbs? It would cost you about that much to change your stock motor over to a 4 mil, depending on how much you have done to your motor now.

If I had the money and new the condition of the motor, that is the route I would go if I were you.

SP

No stator, flywheel, or carbs. I just found out today a good friend of mine knows someone with a bad ass banshee that just wants to get rid of it because he is going through a divorce and doesnt want the x to get it (im going through a divorce myself and im just buying shit left and right lol). So im going to look at it tonight but after everything he told me it has, im probably buying another one tonight lol.