new banshee owner

cj7den

I ended up getting a 87 banshee this fall. Found this site and been lurking since. Thing is a blast. Why is the steering so twitchy? I have snapped 2 tie rod ends and bent 2 rods. I still had the tires on the front.

photo.jpg

Then I did this.

photo1.jpg

skis work good in deep snow. Friend of mine has tracks and skis on his raptor. You buy the mount and bolt them on to the skis. I don't think it was lean. I was playing in a farm field with the snow ranging from 1 to2 ft deep so I was working it hard. Riding it like I stole it hard.

So was the bike rejetted for the winter, or did a leakdown test get done before it was ridden? That chunk out of the piston is usually caused by a lean condition. At least now youre going to learn a whole bunch more about the top and bottom end, cause that chunk went in only 1 direction...........the dreaded bottom end!

Its best to buy the Clymers manual for the bike, along with this site, theyll be youre 2 best friends during the build. At least this way, youll get to see what bore your on, replace the seals and any bearings etc.....

It could have been worse, it could have looked like mine.......http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx162/amidlifecrisis/Bashed%20piston/

Mine was a roller bearing that was later to have been discovered in the expansion chamber on my bike, and this happened on the first ride after a brand new top end and cool head install.

Edited by midlifecrisis

I thought I was on the side of rich but something happend. It is also an old ass shee that was "done" up. So I don't have a clue what is in there. Replacing both cylinders and pistons. And go from there.

I thought I was on the side of rich but something happend. It is also an old ass shee that was "done" up. So I don't have a clue what is in there. Replacing both cylinders and pistons. And go from there.

Hell I'll pay shipping if you wanna send them cylinders this way... Haha