MARVIN SHAW NITROGEN CHARGE PSI

HOMERTHECLOWN

What is the nitrogen charge for a Marvin Shaw hill shooter rear shock, 260 pound rider plus 10" swing arm?

Just an idea please, the previous owner said he let some nitrogen out.

I did leave Matt a message at So Cal Suspensions to discuss rebuilding these for my weight and ride style. (Fat & Comfortable)

Thanks

Rick

Rick, I got your message, but I won't be back in the shop until Tuesday, but I'll try giving you a call this afternoon on my way to San Diego. Nice to know where you work, though. I've got a suburban that might need some love here soon.

Anyways, to answer the question at hand, I was going to say 750-800 for a dune bike, 1100-1150 for when you're running Olds.

Rick, I got your message, but I won't be back in the shop until Tuesday, but I'll try giving you a call this afternoon on my way to San Diego. Nice to know where you work, though. I've got a suburban that might need some love here soon.

Anyways, to answer the question at hand, I was going to say 750-800 for a dune bike, 1100-1150 for when you're running Olds.

Thanks to the both of you for the input, Matt I will wait for your call. in the meantime, I borrowed a nitrogen tank but the regulator would only go up to 600 psi so I put in 600 and it seems real stiff, real stiff (REAR) I posted that it was a plus 10 swingarm, cause thats what the previous owner said, lets say its a plus 6-8 would that change the psi?

Now the front seems real soft whats the magic # for the front?

Thanks,

Rick

It also depends on the swingarm and the heigth you set your bike at , I have my shaw setup for a LSR with the bike a little low and it takes much more psi and the valving is different too. Marvin Shaw has done mine twice to get it just right. Mine has 1450psi in it and is just right for me at 230 lbsbut I have seen em with different +10 swingarms that only took 850psi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

start with like 2-300 in the front and add more if its to soft. I run 250 in my front shaws on my single a arm chassis.....

Whats the most psi you/anyone has ran in the fronts? I have a bike thats very heavy and wondering if I need to switch to a larger body shock on the front.

Edited by jtaylor

• 3 weeks later...