is this can be repaired

banshee9090

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the same problem a while back. its just gonna keep eating brake pads until you get a new one. there are super cheap ones on ebay or elsewhere. seems like too much work for nothing really.

First off you can't balance anything on a lathe. Secondly, if the rotor is warped and you try to cut it square it is going to ring extremely bad. Third, please don't use a parting tool to try and do that, it is sketchy as hell...

rotor will be balance Through the first face cutting , the rotor is not really warped it need clean only, third,that is not parting tool it is carbide right hand facing tip for my new little Chinese lathe, i m posting this thread because i wondering about the thickness of the rotor after cut completed, i mean if the thickness of the rotor too small the rotor will be Bends again during brake operation due to heat and hydrolic oil force , anyway i just Try it, thank for advice man.

Buy one from here on HQ. There's a guy who sells lots of cool aftermarket rotors. I think he's on the sponsors list. JDS Customs.

http://www.jdscustoms.com/

http://jdscustoms.co...shee_Rotors.htm

yeah good idea but it will take three weeks for shipping.:cheers:

rotor will be balance Through the first face cutting , the rotor is not really warped it need clean only, third,that is not parting tool it is carbide right hand facing tip for my new little Chinese lathe, i m posting this thread because i wondering about the thickness of the rotor after cut completed, i mean if the thickness of the rotor too small the rotor will be Bends again during brake operation due to heat and hydrolic oil force , anyway i just Try it, thank for advice man.

Thats a pretty impressive lathe if it can balance things.

Speechless! Wtf are you talking about. How is it out of balance and how would you know? And if by the grace of god it was, that lathe isn't going to balance it. Is it warped? I'm betting yes. If so to get it back true you will have to remove way to much material.

There's a bit of a language barrier here. I'm sure by balance, he doesn't mean anything having to do with vibration. As previously mentioned, trying to machine that in a lathe, like you have it set up, is going to result in ringing and horrible chattering. The surface will end up MUCH worse than you presently have. I feel that, from your description, that you have a caliper problem or a problem with the parking brake cable. If you really want to machine the disc, you need to find someone that can grind it on a Blanchard grinder.