Studdin tires

CFH87

:confused: I would start with getting 21' fronts and 18" rears. Kold Kutters and the biggest name brand but any 1" course thread stud will do just as good as any. For rear tires one stud per knob, if running the standard normal cheng shin. The fronts depends on the pattern but make sure you have some on the outside edges of the tires because they get the most pressure when heading into a turn and if you do not have enough studs in the front then when you go into the turn you will slide out of the turn instead of sticking the corner and powering thru it.

What we did was take an old set of tires and did burn outs till they were bald.. Then we went and got one of those snowmobile track whole saws for putting in studs and laid out a patter around the whole tire.. For straight line traction and racing I'd use picks or chisels.. We have 56 chisels in each tire on a 4mm cub.. If you have less power I'd go with less.. But you put the stud through the back side of the tire with a backing plate and a nut.. You will have to run tubes but this is a set up that works well..

If your going that route then really anything would do the job. If you have a stock length swing arm your going to blow the tires no matter what. They'll just roto-till around the track unless your motor is stock and you dont have a rippin bansh!

I just wanna be able to ride around and rip some wheelies without blowin the rears off lol

IMO run carbide tip studs, with chisels its like ice skateing when you lock them up, unless its only going to be for drag. I love my carbide studs, because i cross alot of streets while riding the river and after about 4 weeks my regular kk studs were junk. I run 65 studs per tire and hook up great of the line. If you going to do more track, use regular screw in studs like someone said above.

I'm going to be studding my tires and i'm use what to use i've got some old junk spider tracks any ideas would be appreciated!

Silver Rockets Ice Racing Studs

This is what we use but we race and use about 2000 total between all four tires.

the sled pics in bald tires work real good for drag racing and just screwin around on glare ice. but if ur gonna go thorugh more that 3 in of snow i have found that a set of paddles with picks between the paddle works pretty good. otherwise a old set of razrs work decent all around with a few hundred kold kutter canadian ice screws in them. but they wont work if u wanna race anything they bite good enough to do wheelies but u can easily spin out in a corner wit them.

• 3 weeks later...