Road trip for 2012

wacko2000

Whats up guys, Im from the east coast, Ive done glamis a few times and I will be there again in Feb- we dont drive, we have the bikes trailered out there in a 18wheeler and we fly out.

So me and a few of my friends looking to take a road trip next year, more than likely we are shooting for september-october.

Looking to hit the dunes just need some help picking a spot- little sahara is like 1500 miles from us- silver lake is like 850, I know there are others but what would you guys suggest????

REALLY would like to keep it under 1500 miles one way if possible- most of my friends can only take off 7 days or so- figuring 3 days driving- 4 days duning.

So talk to me, aside from glamis since we will be there in the beginning of the year WHERE SHOULD WE GO--- We basically love all sorts of riding and terrain, looking to party at night as well :headbang: :headbang:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow thats a crazy jump in temps in one weekend-- This trip will be toward the end of the year though- Feb we'll be in glamis..

Also as far as camping goes- we are fully prepared to rent a RV for the road trip or just tent it, either way it doesn't matter to us. We have the trucks and enclosed trailer ready to go, just looking for the HQ family to point us in the right direction.. We love glamis and we will be there every year, just looking to explore a little..

Whats up guys, Im from the east coast, Ive done glamis a few times and I will be there again in Feb- we dont drive, we have the bikes trailered out there in a 18wheeler and we fly out.

So me and a few of my friends looking to take a road trip next year, more than likely we are shooting for september-october.

Looking to hit the dunes just need some help picking a spot- little sahara is like 1500 miles from us- silver lake is like 850, I know there are others but what would you guys suggest????

REALLY would like to keep it under 1500 miles one way if possible- most of my friends can only take off 7 days or so- figuring 3 days driving- 4 days duning.

So talk to me, aside from glamis since we will be there in the beginning of the year WHERE SHOULD WE GO--- We basically love all sorts of riding and terrain, looking to party at night as well :headbang: :headbang:

We more or less like to party... But keep the ideas comming guys. Were looking for something Diffrent. There's gotta be places I'n the carolinas or even little more west.... Help us NEWYOORKERS out

Wacko, keep me in mind for either trip if that's cool with your crew. I want to go to LS and SL If the dates work with work, I'd try to make he past two years BHQLS trip have conflicted with work and kids school schedule for me.

Hey Loco, Isn't columbus day in there somewhere in your dates? I took off this year in hopes of making the trip, but had to go to Maine that weekend for my daughter at school

We more or less like to party... But keep the ideas comming guys. Were looking for something Diffrent. There's gotta be places I'n the carolinas or even little more west.... Help us NEWYOORKERS out

BansheeHQ Ride at Little Sahara will be October 4 or October 11, 2012. I haven't decided on it for sure. I kind of like earlier to keep it away from Halloween and people that make yearly Halloween trips.

There you go. Looks like it's decided. Little Sahara for BHQ trip 2012! See you NewYorkers there!

SP

Wacko, keep me in mind for either trip if that's cool with your crew. I want to go to LS and SL If the dates work with work, I'd try to make he past two years BHQLS trip have conflicted with work and kids school schedule for me.

Hey Loco, Isn't columbus day in there somewhere in your dates? I took off this year in hopes of making the trip, but had to go to Maine that weekend for my daughter at school

Yea man as long as theres room your more than welcome to roll with us.

We are looking to book a 30-35' RV to drive down in and tow a enclosed trailer, I have a 16' enclosed but we may need something larger for the trip.

Im not worried about that, Ill buy one for the trip and sell it when i get home.

Just really pumped for a road trip, meet some dudes from the HQ and hit some dunes other than glamis.

Joe