Missfire

Bittner

Hey guys im new the bansheehq and had my banshee for a couple months and ive been slowly noticing more and more that the right side cylinder is only firing once and awhile and less and less often. The guy i bought the quad from didnt know anything about the internals of the motor, it has k&n still in airbox an pro circuit platnum pipes and 304 silencers, when i got it seemed to me it was always running a little rich, no choke needed to start cold and would die after its warmed up. i took the lid off the air box and it idled better but the last 1/8 of throttle it would completly fall on its face no stumbling just pumping air. put the lid back on now raps all the way out but ive been noticing the right cylinder firing less and less. at about half throttle if i put my hand behind the pipes i can feel the right side is firing about half as much as the left. wondering where to start, i pulled the plugs both look a little rich but look the same none the less. kinda weary about tearing the carbs down just yet.

Check plugs and obvious but take off your intake so you can see the throttle slides and make sure they are "in sync" and open the same amount at then start to crack the throttle and if one slide is starting to open before the other adjust the screw and nut on top....if good can also check the airfuel screw but need a airflow tool or vacuum gauge...its prob not the issue but it doesn't hurt to check and makes a big difference in how the engine runs. There's a few good vids of it youtube but pull the plugs...how do they look? One side diff than the other?

Ok i finally made it out to the shop to change plugs and switched the plug wires around and it runs better overall but right cylinder still missfiring and dead if i hold it at a certain rpm for a period of time. then once i let off or get on it a little more it comes right back. I made sure the carbs were in sync when the problem first arose. an the old plugs both looked the same. From what ive been reading in diffrent forums i shud start looking for intake leaks now. Any other help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.