Just got a rediculous deal on a banshee....New member!

How's it going everyone....just signed up and got my first new Banshee yesterday, I own several diff dirtbikes and used to have an older suzuki LT230 4 stroke until my bro sold it on me when he got back from the service. Sooo just found a DEALL and got an 03 with a fully worked engine (4mill HR crank too I think), wiseco top end, full fmf exhaust, boyesen reeds, intake, trinity stage iv head and who knows what else but engine has like less than a days driving on so that's even better.

Here's some questions....it has the stage 6 heads and I was told he installed the o-rings for a COOL head and not the head that's on it and then later found it burning some white smoke out of the right cylinder. Are the o-rings different for those heads and could be causing this issue? Also said might have pinched the o-ring during assembly.....So I plan on putting on new o-rings anyway just so I know it's all done right.

Also has paddle tires and I need more suitable tires for hard/soft dirt/some road use.

So question is where does everybody get there parts from and who has the best pricing? I do ALL of my own work so no install work needed. From what I have seen with my mustang/evo/and other bikes all the local shops always have higher prices than as if you bought it offline. And what's a good tire for what I need? Just the rears mainly

Thanks,

Sean

Welcome to the hq,I would buy the right o rings for the right job so call Trinity racing or have a look online at there site.Do a quick check on eBay and find another dealer who may sell them cheaper.I had some issues with my trinity heads leaking cause there are so.many o-rings.if you have some extra cash hit up Jeff from fast racing and see what he can do on a head set up for your bike.great guy to deal with and will be in your future for other upgrades when your ready.good luck and let us know how it goes.there is also a search box to help u find great info on this site.

I would get rid of the trinity head. That logo on your banshee will be like a beacon light for the banshee deamons. Call up kevin @ HJR and get a cool head or noss style head. He will get you taken care of.

I've been reading alot of bad things about the trinity heads too, also sucks limited to there domes, not like I care since it's just a weekend toy but still. What makes this head bad and the other brand heads better? (besides leaking which I've been reading too)

I've been reading alot of bad things about the trinity heads too, also sucks limited to there domes, not like I care since it's just a weekend toy but still. What makes this head bad and the other brand heads better? (besides leaking which I've been reading too)

I could be wrong but I think the Trinity head uses a copper gasket instead of orings. Plus most heads like pro design, noss, mod squad all use the same domes. Think Trinity uses there on domes.

I would get rid of the trinity head. That logo on your banshee will be like a beacon light for the banshee deamons. Call up kevin @ HJR and get a cool head or noss style head. He will get you taken care of.

Not to mention their customer service sucks and they're slow to ship parts out. There used to be a thread on here talking about how bad they were until they became a site sponsor and then it got sprinkled with magical pixie dust and it disappeared . :confused:

Edited by jasons

I've had my trinity head for like 5-6 years with no problems. As long as you know that the domes you have will work, then yur good. It sucks that the domes are not interchangeable but my setup has and will stay the same. It does what it is supposed to do. It is also O-Ringed, not copper gasket. Keep it if it works for you, but get the wallet out if you ever need domes or an o-ring kit from trinity!!!

For the record. Trinity has issues with CHEETAH MOTORS AND DOME DESIGN. Unfortunetly i know this first hand. from what i can tell, there parts are parts and the only thing u have to be careful of is getting non vition orings for there heads that somehow happen to me? I cant say there is anything wrong with them as a company (as far as i can tell u) and never heard about any issues regaurding there stock motor domes and coolheads but if i want 100% assurance go with nos coolheads.

I've had my trinity head for like 5-6 years with no problems. As long as you know that the domes you have will work, then yur good. It sucks that the domes are not interchangeable but my setup has and will stay the same. It does what it is supposed to do. It is also O-Ringed, not copper gasket. Keep it if it works for you, but get the wallet out if you ever need domes or an o-ring kit from trinity!!!

Well I found the o-ring kit for like $22 bucks and says they're viton seals and was from Trinity or an authorized Trinity vendor anyway. Since the head looks like it can come off easily besides for taking off the tank which I'm going to flush out anyway I'm hoping I can get the head off the studs without taking much apart besides pulling the tank?

Just was looking it over last night and I see there is a metal "spacer" (& obv 2 gaskets) between the jugs and crankcase....uhh is that normal or a ghetto fix to make a 4mill crank work? or for some other kind of reason?

Well I found the o-ring kit for like $22 bucks and says they're viton seals and was from Trinity or an authorized Trinity vendor anyway. Since the head looks like it can come off easily besides for taking off the tank which I'm going to flush out anyway I'm hoping I can get the head off the studs without taking much apart besides pulling the tank?

Just was looking it over last night and I see there is a metal "spacer" (& obv 2 gaskets) between the jugs and crankcase....uhh is that normal or a ghetto fix to make a 4mill crank work? or for some other kind of reason?

its not really "ghetto" but it doesnt give u the performance that u think it would by adding the crank.it keeps the port timing the same addding the spacer plate,but its added so the pistons dont hit the head. the correct way to do it is have the cyls. ported for the stroke and the builder will match port timings for more hp. then u get cut domes for the head,they cut the inside for piston clearance. pretty much all u have is a stock feeling engine with maybe a pube more bottom from the 4mil. get it ported and cut domes and be done. oh,yeah, i would ditch the trinity. too many o rings and spots to leak. get a chariot head. its a great design and ive never had an issue with the 2 i have.love em..

its not really "ghetto" but it doesnt give u the performance that u think it would by adding the crank.it keeps the port timing the same addding the spacer plate,but its added so the pistons dont hit the head. the correct way to do it is have the cyls. ported for the stroke and the builder will match port timings for more hp. then u get cut domes for the head,they cut the inside for piston clearance. pretty much all u have is a stock feeling engine with maybe a pube more bottom from the 4mil. get it ported and cut domes and be done. oh,yeah, i would ditch the trinity. too many o rings and spots to leak. get a chariot head. its a great design and ive never had an issue with the 2 i have.love em..

I appreciate the help and non smartass comments....Since we're on the topic...What is the differences in all these diff brand heads? Is one better than the other as far as reliability and performance? I deff do plan on getting rid of the trininty heads and going with something else and need to order chain rollers and guide kit (TM design kit looks good to me?) so would like to order soon and take it out hopefully next weekend, as long as I get replacement tires for the paddles by then.