Just bought a New Shee 2008! Help me beat my buddy 400Athena!

JpRedline

Hello guys!, i just bought a 2008 with mabe 5hrs on it (for 3500$!!) 2weeks ago and then i found this awsome HQ!

Ive read hundreds of post since, but i could not exactly find what im looking for...

What do i have to do so i can beat my roomate 400 Athena banshee??

-i would like to keep my stock crank and carbs to save money,,next summer i'll probably upgrade to a 4mill crank and bigger carbs.

I aslo want a reliable set-up for trail ride all year long[-10F(-23c) to 85F(30c)]

Pipes,cool head,timming adv, k&n, jet kit, reeds and what more do i need to do?....

Elevation here is 2500feet,i have access to 94octane.

Hello guys!, i just bought a 2008 with mabe 5hrs on it (for 3500$!!) 2weeks ago and then i found this awsome HQ!

Ive read hundreds of post since, but i could not exactly find what im looking for...

What do i have to do so i can beat my roomate 400 Athena banshee??

-i would like to keep my stock crank and carbs to save money,,next summer i'll probably upgrade to a 4mill crank and bigger carbs.

I aslo want a reliable set-up for trail ride all year long[-10F(-23c) to 85F(30c)]

Pipes,cool head,timming adv, k&n, jet kit, reeds and what more do i need to do?....

Elevation here is 2500feet,i have access to 94octane.

buy a stock stroke 68 bore serval cub or if he has unported athenna's just have your cylinders ported.

Thanks guys! Should i sell my new Engine and buy an already built engine?

Or should i send mine to get Modded?

What is the most cost effective way?

-how much can i get for my almost new engine?

Any takers? Lol

Thanks guys! Should i sell my new Engine and buy an already built engine?

Or should i send mine to get Modded?

What is the most cost effective way?

-how much can i get for my almost new engine?

Any takers? Lol

okay.....IF you are remotely mechanically inclined then i say do the work yourself. Obviously i suggest talking to one of our site sponsors on here and getting what you need from them. And if you WERE going to just sell off your motor then i'd suggest selling it AND BUYING ONE FROM A SPONSOR.......because if you buy it from someone else....you have no idea how they put it together. Did they skip any corners, does it REALLY have what they claim, did they have ANY idea what they were doing? That's the biggest concern....

If I was you I would sell your stock crank & cylinders then get a 421 several or 421 cheetah cub set-up. That will whip up on him real good.

Yeah i like your ideA!!

I'll will give the sponsors a call for sure!